Chapter 7

☠ ✿☠ ✿☠ ✿☠✿☠ ✿☠ ✿☠

Amber POV

☠ ✿☠ ✿☠ ✿☠✿☠ ✿☠ ✿☠

It was my favorite time of day, newspaper club.

Everybody was working hard, Peyton and a few others bought munchkins and cocoa, since the weather was getting colder, and since everybody stayed until about six.

I loved it here. We met in the tech lab on Tuesdays after school. There was only one window, but no other any source of light, except the slight glow of the lamps and computer screens. Soft piano music played with the accompaniment of keyboard taps.

"Hey, Amber?" Maxwell called, softly.

I made my way over to him.

"Okay, I adore your article with Ryder. How would you feel about going to interview the whole lacrosse team?"

Wait, what? The smooth aura was gone.

"I mean," Maxwell went on, "since you guys are dating now, it wouldn't be such a big deal."

Crap. Someday, I was going to kill Ryder.

Plastering a smile, I responded, "of course. About the upcoming game right? If they win this one, then they get to go to districts."

Maxwell grinned and nodded. "Take Peyton if you want."

☠ ✿☠ ✿☠ ✿☠✿☠ ✿☠ ✿☠

"Omigosh, I can't want to see them!" Peyton drawled, hitting my arm, "what if they're shirtless? And sweaty?"

I rolled my eyes at Peyton's hormones. I told her about how I was really fake-dating Ryder. The only people who knew were Matt and Axel.

We made our way to the field. Nobody was there, so we went back inside.

"LOCKER ROOM!" Peyton screeched, as she dragged me towards the direction of the locker room.

Wait, what?

Peyton pushed the door open and dragged me inside. It was steamy and smelled like...well sweaty boys.

"Excuse me," I mumbled to the big guys that were blocking our way. The boys treated us like we were invisible.

I bumped into them and they shoved me back. Clearly, I wasn't any match for them. Peyton and I held hands the whole time, because we got seperated easily if we didn't.

"Hey!" I yelled a little louder.

Some random guy rolled his eyes. When he turned, he shoved me and Peyton into some dark area.

"Alright, put the gear back!" Coach Martin's voice boomed. Before we knew it, padding, balls, and sticks were thrown at us, despite our weak protests.

Then the door closed.

I struggled for my phone in my back pocket. Turning on the flashlight, I realized we were in the storage room.

"Peyton!" I hissed.

A muffled voice responded. "Em ah ight." Translation: I'm smelling the boys hard work and sweat from the pads.

I banged at the door, but the boys were too loud. "How the hell do we get out?" I whispered frantically.

"Wait until it gets quiet, then we'll scream."

Good plan...

We waited. And waited. And waited.

Peyton suggested we listen to music, so we put in headphones and had a music party. What? We were bored.

Turns out, that wasn't the best idea, considering we were waiting for it to get quiet.

I yanked out the headphones and realized it was dead silent.

Banging on the door, I yelled, "HELP! SOMEONE GET US OUT OF HERE! HELP!"

I glared at Peyton, who was in the midst of taking a bite of a munchkin she snagged from the tech lab.

Like a miracle, the door opened and revealed a smirking Ryder. "Peeping Tom?" He asked.

"Freedom!" I gasped, stumbling out. I could've kissed him, except for the fact he's Ryder.

Peyton let out a yelp as she followed my lead. Only she tripped and was about to fall, only Matt caught her. She blushed and steadied herself.

Axel was silently cracking up, as was the other two idiots.

"I wasn't spying. We were trying to interview the whole team. You're teammates are animals. They shoved us in here!" I defended myself.

Ryder looked like he still didn't believe me.

"Well...you going to ask the questions now?" Axel asked, after a moment.

☠ ✿☠ ✿☠ ✿☠✿☠ ✿☠ ✿☠

Hallo guys! I had a lot of fun writing this chapter. It's raining outside (like downpour) and Tee Shirt by Birdy is playing. It's the perfect atmosphere for writing! :D

But actually...

Wanderlust is coming soon! I'm very excited about that. It's slightly (well, very) serious but I love it.

Anyways, vote, comment, follow! They keep me very happy XD

Kisses and hugs, my loves!

-TeenageBliss