Thank You

In this world, Yu Nishinoya knew only one thing, if you're rich, you survive this dreadful world, if you're poor, well you perish in agony. It was basically the law everyone there lived by, but Nishinoya was known for breaking laws and pushed that absurd statement aside, to survive long enough to achieve his dream, getting out of this cruel, rotten world and going somewhere far far away. Unfortunately, Nishinoya did not have enough money, heck, he didn't even have enough food to survive one day. Nishinoya sighed and stared up at the cloudy sky, leaning against the brick wall.

"It looks like it's going to rain," Hinata, his best friend said.

Nishinoya nodded in agreement, "Yup. But we'll be fine, hopefully."

"What are we going to do Noya? We ran out of food again and Natsu is not doing well," Hinata asked as Nishinoya looked at Natsu, Hinata's little sister. She was even more pale than yesterday and she looked very fragile like glass.

Nishinoya sighed, "I'll find more food and medicine," he said, standing up straight.

"B-but what about Tanaka and his guards?" Hinata asked, standing up as well, "Let me come wit-"

Nishinoya cuts him off, "No. You stay here and take care of Natsu. I'm going alone."

Before Hinata could protest again, Nishinoya took off, leaving both of them alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------

After sneaking his way through the town,it started to rain but the smell of curry infiltrated Nishinoya's nose. He couldn't help but sigh, he hadn't had curry in such a long time. Nishinoya followed the smell, drenched with water from the rain, until he reached a large house, bigger than any he had seen before. Luckily, the ludicrous owner of the house left one of his windows opened, which happened to be low enough for Nishinoya to reach.

Ha ha sucker, Nishinoya thought as he jumped through the window and into the house.

When Nishinoya looked around the room, he thought he was in heaven. He was surrounded with food and the smell of curry from bellow permeated the room. Judging from the room, Nishinoya could tell where he was in the house.

The kitchen.

It's my lucky day today, Nishinoya thought, I had to tell Hinata about this once I get back but first food then medicine.

Nishinoya grabbed an empty sack from the floor and started shoving food inside the sack and the pockets of his baggy pants, even ate some fruits while doing so, not caring about the fact that he was cold and wet. He was so lost in the moment that it was too late for him to hide when he realized someone was coming in. Nishinoya quickly grabbed a knife as a man entered.

"What the?! What are you doing here?" The man asked surprised.

Armed with a knife, Nishinoya froze in his spot, "What does it look like idiot? Do you really think that leaving your window open like would be fine in a world like this?"

The man knew what the short, scrawny guy was doing but before he could day anything, Nishinoya continued, "You know it's really unfair how you rich people get everything while us poor people suffer. My best friend's sister is ill and my friend and I are being chased by guards just because we want to eat. It's bullshit and tired of being pushed down so I think it's best for you to just let me go like non of this ever happened."

The tall man looked at him stunned, no longer afraid of the knife the short guy was holding. He held his hands up as if he was surrendering, "I know how you feel. I came from a poor family but I worked my way up and here I am now. I'm actually building a home for the homeless and the poor."

Nishinoya looked at him confused, still holding the knife up, "Huh?"

"Wait you said that your best friend's sister is sick right?" The man asked.

Nishinoya nodded then the man continued, "I'm Asahi Azumane and I can take care of his little sister and I can take all of you in."

Now it was Nishinoya's turn to be stunned but he didn't let his guard down, "How do I know that you're not tricking us and that you're not going to sell us into slavery?"

Asahi smiled softly, "Like I said, I came from a poor family. Besides, we all know that I'm the best shot you have in taking care of your best friend's sister."

That was the truth and Nishinoya couldn't deny it. He sighed, lowering his knife down, "Fine."

Both of them went out to bring Hinata and Natsu to Asahi's home. Natsu was taken care of by Suga, a doctor and close friend of Asahi, then they were all well fed and taken care of. Hinata and Natsu were asleep in their new bedroom but Niishinoya was sitting by the fireplace, still slightly cold from earlier. 

Asahi sat next to him, with two cups of tea. After moments of silence and small conversations, Nishinoya said, "I'm sorry about earlier and thank you. Very much," he added.

Asahi smiled his sweet, soft smile, almost similar to Suga's, "You're very welcome."

And out of all the places Nishinoya could have fell asleep, he fell asleep on the sofa,  resting his head on Asahi's shoulder, enjoying the warmth of the fire and the sound of Asahi's breathing.