F o u r

The Next Day..

Marinette walked into school and Alya ran up to her, quite excited. "Omg, did you hear about Miranda and Chat Noir?!"

"Er— is it something about them arguing yesterday?" Marinette guessed to her ombré haired friend.

"Not at all— something totally different, girl!" Alya bounced up and down crazily as her friend sighed, pretending to be defeated. "Alright, tell me."

"Miranda and Chat Noir made out in the school locker room!" She squealed as Marinette gasped in disgust. "Girl, I totally ship it! Don't you?"

"No, Alya! Not at all! That's nasty and gross!" She spat to Alya as she looked at her, clearly worried. "What's wrong, girl?"

"Nothing! It's just nothing! I just thought Chat Noir was better than that! He was my friend but screw it, he fell for a stupid fangirl!" Marinette was about ready to cry. She ran off, forgetting about Alya.

The bluenette ran past Adrien and Nino, Adrien looking at her confused and concerned. "Nino, what's wrong with Mari?"

"Chat Noir made out in the school locker room with Miranda. Didn't you hear?" Nino sighed. "I thought Chat Noir was better than that."

Adrien stood there in shock. How did that rumor get started? Was it because of the argument with Miranda and Marinette yesterday? Did Miranda want to get revenge on Mari? He was freaking out, due to the fact that he actually had hurt Marinette.

"I'll be right back." Adrien raced to the locker room and saw Marinette, leaning next to one of the lockers. He sat next to her in an attempt to comfort her. "Mari?"

"Adrien, you can't fix this problem, I'm sorry. Only Chat Noir can." Marinette pushed Adrien away from her gently, being careful not to hurt his emotions. He was hurt as bad as her, little did the bluenette know.

Adrien quickly transformed into Chat Noir without Marinette noticing, kneeling down beside her. "Princess..?"

Marinette looked up at him, fury burning in her eyes. "I trusted you. What did you do? Fall in love with a fan? You knew I hated her, I can't believe you."

"Mari, please let me explain—" He was interrupted by her footsteps. Chat looked over at the nearby door where she stood.

"Oh, you did enough explaining alright. I mean by what's going around the school. I don't want to see your ugly kitty face ever again." Marinette slammed the door, Chat wincing.

He was hurt. Who started this rumor? Chat looked around the room to see if he could find answers.

He saw a group of girls laughing. It was Sabrina, Chloé, Lila, and Miranda. Chat got near one of the closet lockers to listen in on the conversation.

"I can't believe the whole school believed our rumor, even Marinette! Now, Chat Noir is finally mine!" Miranda chuckled as the other three girls laughed along with her.

"We could do a four way date. Man, that would make Ladybug pissed off." Lila smirked as she rubbed her hands together.

"This is going to be wonderful!" They all cheered and proceeded to laugh evilly together.

He turned away from them, putting his hands over his ears. Oh man, someone help me! I need help before I die in their arms.. Chat quietly tiptoed out of the locker room, breaking into a sprint until he crashed into someone.

"Marinette?"

"Chat."