Chapter 1

(Lydia's POV)

She hands me another picture. This one is in black and white, i remember my mother ordered them in black and white because I had a black eye and Nova had a bruised neck. The black and white seemed to make all that outside pain fade away. Ah, the magic of effects.

I look at the pictures in front of me. "I-I'm sorry" I shove the pictures back at her "But this isn't me" I lie and feel tears fill my eyes so i look to the ground, waiting for her to take the pictures away.

"You don't remember me, Lydia?" She smiles and comes closer, shoving the pictures in her purse.

When she takes a step forward, i take a step back and grab Chandler's arm, as if i was 5 years old hiding behind my mother again.

"Lydia, i don't bite" She smiles as if the past didn't happen.

"Yes you do" I whisper "You back-stab, sacrifice and betray those who love you" My voice is barely audible, but her and Chandler both hear me.

Chandler places me beside him, instead of behind him and 'she' loses her smile for a second.

"I don't know what you're talking about" Oh, the smile's back.

She puts her cold-hearted hand on my shoulder and i get immediate flashbacks:

"No daddy, no!" Nova screams.

"You need to take the beating like everyone else in this house does!" My father screams throwing her on the floor.

"Stop! Please Dan!" My mother screams holding me close to her body.

"She brought a boy home, Evelina!" My father screamed to my mother.

"Dan! Stop, she's 18!" My mother pleaded.

Nova crawled over to my mother and pushed her over to my father so my mother would get the beating instead of Nova.

"Nova! You can't leave her!" I screamed at her with my little-kid voice.

"Keep him busy! I'm leaving this place!" She whispered and ran to her room.

After the beating my mother got, dad passed out in the kitchen and that's when my mother started to pack our stuff along with Nova.

A/N:(This is the day Lydia's mother, Evelina, died, so the end is very similar to chapter 2-unanswered questions in book 2)

I was just watching tv as my mother was packing the last of our things and Nova was waiting at the door.

Suddenly my father stumbled into the room, drunk and was yelling at mother, dragging her across the hall by her hair, heading to the stairs.

"Nova! Help her!" I screamed, desperate. Nova was 18 then, so she was stronger than mother, i was only five, so i was pretty useless when it came to this.

Nova hesitates and picks up her bags and rushes to the door. "Nova,where are you going? You have to help mama!" In my mind, that's how family worked: You protect each other. But Nova just didn't get the memo.

"I'm leaving" She whispers and ran outside with her bags and down the street.

Nova takes her hand off of my shoulder and i snap back to reality.

"Let's go in the dining room, and talk about this" Chandler says, desperate to make this work.

I just stare at Nova, not willing to move. Her piercing smile is just as evil.. Horrible and terrifying as i last saw it 8 years ago.

************

Woah! Family drama! Thank you so much for reading, don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW! Also: Check out ----> 'No More Kid Stuff- The Walking Dead finfic' my new story :33