Chapter 18

(Lydia's POV)

Throughout the day all Chandler did was fiddle with his phone- even when I tried to talk to him. He just seemed sort of pre-occupied with something else.

"It's weird, though! Nova is actually being normal and so is the rest of the crazy family. I'm actually starting to like them.. Which is also weird because I hate them.. I don't even know anymore"

 "mhm" Chandler says, not very amused.

***

"Fuck off" I finally say during third period. Mr. Wadson gave us some free time during history since we finished our lesson early.

He didn't answer.

"Chandler!" I yell, finally grabbing his phone from him.

He gives me a straight look. "I don't care" He says quietly and simply.

I take a deep breath "Fine" I slam his phone down on my desk, grab my bag and walk out of class.

"Ms. Kapousky, class isn't over, you musnt-" Mr. Wadson starts, but I cut him off.

"I DON'T CARE"

***

Where the fuck do i go now? I cant just walk out of class.. There's still 20 minutes left. I feel rejected.. Not just rejected but.. Deeply rejected. I hate rejection, and i don't just hate it, i despise it.

When i get rejected its like getting punched in the chest to me.. ESPECIALLY when its from someone I like.. Or kinda love.

Where the hell am i going? I decide to run into guidance. Guidance is basically for people who need to talk.. Kinda like a therapist but in a school, and they can also guide you and shit. I rush into the guidance office and wait in the waiting area for one of the three guidance office's doors to open. 

Ms. Evelyn Allen's door opens and surprisingly Theodore walk out, his eyes reddish and puffy.

He spots me and immediately looks embarrassed. 

I jump to my feet and look at him for a second. I give him a half smile and embrace him in a hug. His chest and arms devouring me because of my smallness. He flinches when I squeeze his back, but i don't question it.

When we finally pull away I ask him what's wrong. "No, you probably don't want to spill your feelings to me, pretend i never asked" 

He looks at me, and looks around "No, it's.. It's OK. Lets take a walk"

We start walking towards his locker which is pretty far down the hall. We walk at a slow pace. 

"So whats up?" 

"It's.. Uhhh" He scratches the back of his neck "Daddy issues"

"Oouf. I feel yah there. Social services had to take me away from mine" I try to say it as nonchalantly as possible.

He looks at me in disbelief "You would really tell me something as personal as that? People say you NEVER share about yourself"

I smile at him "I don't but.. You have a bruise- on your back"

"No I don't-" 

I lift his cardigan up and press a dark purple spot on his skin "Ah" he moans.

"Don't lie to me. Ive been there, done that"

"And.. How did you get out?"

I take a deep breath "I didn't.. well not myself." I stop us and look at him, making sure he's listening to me, because I'm not going to repeat it. " I tried to kill myself- Suicide. Chandler found me in my bathtub.. Wrists slit, life draining from my body and he.. He saved me.." I take another deep breath " I was kept in the hospital for a long while and they knew I had bruises on me.. Chandler said if i didn't tell them then he would.. SO i told them, i got help. And now I live with my whacked sister and her animal of a husband"