Chapter 10

(Lydia's POV) 

I couldn't sleep all night because i felt so guilty and sick. But finally around 3 am my eyes give up.

I awake to the sound of my phone alarm and Chandler a little hung over with his arm around me.

I get up, take a shower and brush my teeth. I wrap my towel around my body and dry my hair. I put it into a bun and I decide to go easy on the makeup today. Just some mascara and foundation over some trouble areas.

I dress myself into blue, ripped skinny jeans and a hipster grandpa sweater. I come back into my room to get Chandler, but he was still sound asleep. I bit my lip, contemplating what i should do... I decide to write him a little note telling him I'm at school and i make my way downstairs. 

Halfway downstairs i start to get dizzy and the room starts spinning. Woah, when was the last time i ate? I don't even remember. I grab a piece of bred in the kitchen and start to nibble on it.

"Lydia!" Nova yells in a playful manner. 

I run into the living room to find a naked Christmas tree and a bunch of Christmas decorations. "What?"

"Come help u with the decorations!" Nova smiles passing an ornament to Britta who places it on the tree.

"Isn't it a school day?" 

"It's a snow day, silly!" 

"What?" I pace to the window and look outside. There is about 20 cm of snow on the ground. 

I mean, it snows in Atlanta.. But it never ever exceeded this much.

"Shit" I whisper and spin around to face the family "Is Sacred Bell high closed?"

"No, but you don't have to go, we can all decorate together!" Nova seems really excited about this whole Christmas stuff.

"Uhhh, yeahh... I have classes so uhm.. Bye"

I walk out of the room and take Nova's leather jacket and run out of the house.

When I arrive at school i see Sam "Hey" I smile at him and we walks with me to my locker. 

"This place is dead" He says looking around.

"Everyone who went to the party obviously arn't coming"

"So why did you?" 

I shrug. "I don't like being home"

"Why? I mean, you don't have to answer that.." He says a little nervously.

I take a deep breath "My sister thinks its fun to pay attention to her sister after 8 years"

"Wait you live with your parents right?"

I take another deep breath "My mother died of Cancer when I was five, so i lived with my father for a while but he just got cancer now and is un able to take care of me so i live with my sister who is like 30 or something.."

"Oh.. Sorry"

"Its fine"

"So where were you for like two months?"

"It was two months i was gone?" Wow, i thought it was like 2 weeks.

"Yep"

"Oh, well.. Um.. People- I mean doctors thought i would get the cancer gene too, since both of my parents have it so they were doing tests and shit"

"I din't think Cancer was hereditary"

"Uhm.. Yeah" I actually don't think Cancer is hereditary.. My mind starts racing to find an excuse " You see, it was positive, then negative and um then positive but they finally confirmed that it was negative, so i don't have cancer" 

"Oh,well that's good!" He smiles.

Throughout the day me and Sam play cards and have these really deep conversations. I surprisingly opened up a lot to him, more than Chandler and Aubree. There was only around 5-6 kids in all my classes so the teacher gave us 'free time'. I never noticed that Sam was in all my classes.. Just like Chandler.

Throuout the conversations and the 'go fish's' i notice his eyes and i don't know what happens but it like a rope that just keeps on pulling me deeper and deeper in. 

Maybe I'm attracted to him? But He's a girl.. No a guy, but with girl parts. Does this mean i'm like gay? No i'm straight, sam's a guy.. so its basically the same thing right? right? I don't even know.

I mean.. It's only been a day and i think I like Sam. How is that possibe from 1 day? What the actual fuck? 

Maybe I only feel like this because Chandler's not here, and plus why would Sam ever like me? Exactly, I'm ugly, Sam doesn't like me and Chandler is blind. Case Closed.

***********************************

Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT and FOLLOW :) Love you all!