Golden Eyes

*Sterling's P.O.V*

I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was heartbroken. Aiden and I were only ten years old when he and his dad had to move due to a "business related issue".

*Flashback*

I wake up with a grin spread widely across my face. I jumped out of bed letting a high pitched squeal leave my lips. Today was the day, I finally decided to tell Aiden I have a crush on him. I feel kind of weird about the whole situation I mean I am only ten. My friends say boys are gross and they have cooties. But I know Aiden isn't gross. He is nice and sweet and has dreamy blue eyes. Oh and dimples, yeah he has dimples. I make my way out of my room and immediately hear yelling coming from downstairs. My mom and dad are fighting again. I hear my dad yelling at my mom about something but I can't really make out what he's saying. I descend down the stairs and hear everything much more clearly.

   "I forbid our daughter to hang around and be friends with someone of their kind." I hear my dad yell from the kitchen.

   "If Sterling has a crush on him she should be able to see him. You should just see the way they look at each other it's just adorable." My mom replies.

   "What the hell does she know about having a crush on someone. She's a child for God's sake!!" He yells.