Chapter 4 - Arguement

heylooooo i'm gonna start writing in POV's now because the third person thing is kinda getting irritating  :P

enjoyy (=

**********

Jake’s POV

“Superman” Luke screamed

“No batman” I interjected

“Why batman? That guy doesn’t even have any superpowers” Luke justified

“That’s exactly my point, he saved Gotham city without any powers, you need to be brave to do something like that, if superman didn’t have any powers I’m sure he would just be that nerdy, high wasited Clark Kent”

“You take that back Jake” Luke was now infuriated. “Superman will always be better than Batman”

“Nope, Batman is the best” I spoke calmly. Being calm is the best solution to win an argument and I always used it against Luke. He could be easily irritated. And being calm was the best way to irritate him.

“There is only one way to settle this now” Luke spoke. And I knew which way that was.

 “Mom” both of us screamed in unison

No answer

“Mom”

Still no answer

“MOM” I screamed at the top of my lungs.

That’s when mom came rushing upstairs. “What? What happened?”

Mom must have been pretty busy cooking dinner; I could still see mashed potatoes all over her hands. That’s when I knew now was not the right time to settle this. But before I could stop Luke he had already vomited out the words which were going to get us grounded for atleast three days or maybe five, depending on mom’s mood.

“Mom, we need to know who is better Superman or Batman.”

Oi vey, we’re dead.

Mom was angry, well angry was an understatement. You could say that the look on Mom’s face made me feel as if she is going to turn into a green gigantic monster any second.

“LUCAS EUGENE SCOTT”

Mom only used our middle names when she was damn pissed. So i was pretty sure that she was furious. I’m assuming that the dish that Mom is making for tonight isn’t turning out that well.

…………………………

The knock on the door brought me back to reality.

“Hey is anyone in there?” a familiar voice spoke.

After the whole locker incident, I dragged myself into the washroom to get myself cleaned up; the foam got sprayed all over my shoes.

“Yeah, hold on a sec” I called out.

After getting cleaned up; I pushed the door open to see Ethan standing there. Ethan was also a part of the football team but he wasn’t anything like Dylan.

“Hey Jake, you alright?” he spoke with concern in his voice. I assumed that he came to know about the locker incident

“Hey man I’m sorry. I know Dylan gives you a hard time and all…. But just hold on…..”

I knew he was sorry but I didn’t know how much longer I could hold on.

I didn’t reply. I couldn’t reply after the whole memory replay that I just had. I just wanted to be alone. And I think Ethan understood that because he left without saying another word.

I walked up to the basin and splashed some cold water on my face. It felt good. I didn’t realize I was sweating until now. I picked up my bag which was sprawled on the floor and prepared myself for calculus.

********** 

heylo wattpaders, i know the chapters are too small but i'll try making them bigger

comment

vote

follow

peace out! (=