gιve ιт all or noтнιng

Clary's p.o.v:

My lungs were burning in flames and I couldn't take it anymore.
Jace was here and all I needed to do as survive.

But it I wasn't quite sure if I could do that.

The ash was urging its way down my throat and I could feel heat radiating off me.
Still, I couldn't see, but atleast I could breathe.

Well, kind of.

"Jace." My raspy voice sounded horrible, and it hurt so much just to say the word that usually eased my pain.

"Ssh. Its already Clary, don't talk. I'm here, just rest your lungs."
Jace didn't have to tell me twice before I shut up.

My chest rose and fell, and each time it fell, I exhaled. Everytime I exhaled, it felt like fire was spitting out of me.

It was the worse feeling ever.

And not to mention that my mouth tasted like smoke and ashes too.
It was like waking up from a nightmare, only except this was real.

A few hours later, I was still working on my breathing, but most importantly, I was trying to fix my eye sight.

Before, everything was black, I couldn't see a thing. Now, everything is swirled and blurry and it makes it impossible to walk around without falling.

Jace, apparently,  came up behind me and put on some runes. I didn't know which ones, but they sure did help.

My vision was clearer, but not like usual. I could see close up, but far away distance was still a little blurry.

Instead of Jace taking care of my runes, I did it myself and put on enhanced sight, aka clairvoyance.

Now I could see farther, but the rune burned out in a matter of two hours.

But, I guess reapplying the runes and seeing clearly is better than being blind, so I took it as good luck.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

Finally, after a days worth of breathing, I silently cuddled next to Jace. My eyes attached to him, and his darted to me. I pulled myself closer to him, but not so we were touching, and kissed him on the lips.

It was a soft kiss, but it meant the world to me. It felt like I just dissolved into Jace and I brought myself closer, with our bodies fitting like a puzzle.

But something was off.

Our heartbeats.

Usually, we beat as one. Our heartbeats in unison.

But now, our hearts were beating separately, as if our time lost from each other messed up our relationship.

No, Sebastian didn't do this to us. He didn't ruin our strong relationship.  Its just me. My heartbeat is slower, its more faint because of the fire.  That's why our heartbeat is not in sync.

My thoughts were confused, but now I know why we're not the same beat.

"Hey Clary, how are you feeling?" Jace,  after our kiss, looked surprised. He looked as if we had never kissed before. It was... odd.

"Well, my hearts still beating, my lungs are working, my mouth doesn't taste as smokey, and I can see better, so I guess good. But things still aren't as good as usual, you know, Abby and Will-" I stopped speaking for a moment.

Abby and Will.

I completely forgot about them after Jace got kidnapped. By the angel, I could of tracked them! But now, my chance is gone. Unless Jace can track them.
My heart sped up with my nerves, but its now as normal as it can get. I focus back on the conversation.

"Um, yeah, I think you know what I mean, right Jace?" I glanced back into his gold eyes.

"Uh yeah."

His eyes didn't soften like they did when I usually mention Abby and Will. And they also didn't have this strange pit that seemed to pull me to look closer into his eyes like normal.

Maybe I was delusional. 

"You know what, I'm going to bed. I've had a long day. And I bet you had one too. Goodnight angel boy."

I kissed his forehead before falling asleep.

"Goodnight Clary."

------------------------------------------------------

                     тнe neхт day:

During the night, I didn't have any dreams. Only thoughts.

And they were all about Jace.

He's been acting weird lately, and I needed to see what the matter was.
And there was only one way to find out.

I jumped out of his hands and pulled Jace off the floor.

"Jace, can I ask you something?"

"Sure." He itched his eyes and yawned very loudly.

"I forget, what was the nickname you called me?"

Jaces expression turned from sleepy to confused.

"What do you mean?"

I grabbed my sword off the ground and gently paced my fingers back and forth against the blade to keep me entertained.

"I call you my angel boy and you call me,  what? What do you call me?"

I deadlocked his eyes into mine, trying to get an answer.

"I-I honestly don't remember, Clary."

"Oh right, oh sure. You never knew, in fact, I wish I had killed you during the dark war with glorious right then. I wish I stuck that heavenly fire through you so you could burn right in brocelind plains."

And that's when I stabbed my sword right through his stomach.

➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰

нello! нope yoυ enjoyed тнιѕ cнapтer, and ѕтay тυned тo wнy clary dιd тнιѕ!

• voтe•coммenт•

~pιcĸleѕ(ѕorry ιf тhis cнapтer ѕeeмed a lιттle rυѕнed, next cнapter wιll вe longer!)