Rea Waits

Rea's POV*

Sitting on my patio drinking a nice glass of Pinot Grigio, l'm starting to feel all kinds of ways about the beautiful Prince who thinks he's in love with me.

It's been four days since I told Sam to give him my phone number but I haven't got a call yet.
Shame on him for playing with me and I'm going to kill Sam when he gets back from vacation.
I decide to get in the shower and have another glass of wine, "He's not going to call" I say out loud, how could you just walk into my life and stir up everything I thought I knew.

Why hasn't he called.
I don't get it, I think he's toying  with me, or maybe I'm being punked or something.
I know Sam wouldn't play with me about something like this, especially since he knows about the last asshole I dated.

I decide to drink the last of my wine and soak in a hot bath of bubbles, but underneath the bubbles, I was feeling nothing but pity for my love life.

Maybe he just playing it cool.
That's what it is, he's playing it cool, I think as I try to convince myself.
I can play it cool to, I think to myself. I'm completely lost in my thoughts, when suddenly, I hear my phone ringing.
I can't find it, which isn't good because I'm the only one working tomorrow.
I hear my phone ring again,
"where is it! where is it" I think, then I remember!!! I left it on the bed, so I look under the covers and there it is! The number is unknown so I'm a little hesitant.

What if it's him.

Without a second thought, I say "hello"and I get the sexiest voice I've ever heard on the other end.

"Hello Rea, I tried to wait longer but I couldn't, how are you sweetheart?

I almost died on the other end of the phone.

I was tongue tied, I didn't know what to say,
I have been waiting for his call for four days and now that he's on the phone, I have no words, so I said the only thing I could think of,
"Who is this"?
I hear a laugh on the other end, "Your Prince." But if you don't think it's me, you can hang up and call me back if you like, the Royal Palace will answer".
"No No, that's fine I believe you." But before you say another word, I have a few questions for you first".
"I would be surprised if you didn't", Ethan says back with a smile in his voice.
"I don't know where to begin, I say, "maybe you can start by telling me why you've been watching me my whole life and never said anything"?
I mean, you never even let me know you wanted to get to know me, I know you've got to have some type of regret especially when I left,. And, as I start my last sentence, he interrupts me,

"I don't know if that was exactly a question but I'd be happy to answer you Rea."
"I didn't mean to stalk you, I just knew that there was something special about you, you were and still is the most beautiful women I have ever seen and no other woman seems to compare to you,  hell, I haven't even had you and still, no other women makes me feel what you do, and that's without even talking to you. I know I shouldn't be telling you all this so soon but for some reason, I would like to test this theory I have about us and take you out on a date." He says, seeming so sure of himself.

"Oh Wait, how can you take me out on a date?"
"Your the Crowd Prince!"
"You want to be seen with me???
"You gotta be kidding, right?
"Are you kidding?" I keep saying.

"I though you just wanted to talk to me on the phone, but you actually want to go out with me and possibly get photographed, I'm not ready for that". I respond feeling overwhelmed.
"Calm down Rea, I do have a suggestion.
"You could come here to the Palace for our first date. It would be just the two of us."

I was speechless what the hell could I say to that!

"Ok" I say as I smile.

PLEASE VOTE & COMMENT