Something Like Normal. III

“Why are you being so quiet?”, Jocelyn asked me as we walked. “You've been quiet ever since lunch. We always fight and be buddy buddy again after.”

I had my hands in my front pockets of my jeans and shrugged my shoulders, “I—it's not you. My father had decided to call me while you were gone and again, it did not go well.”

“Oh.”, she said. “What did he say?”

“Nothing important.”, I lied then took one of my hands out of my pocket and put it shoulder her shoulders, pulling her close to me. “You sure are nosy.”, I chuckled.

“You're acting as if you just realized that.”, she chuckled. “Come on, let go into the frozen yogurt palace place before it gets to cold and they turn into a cafe.”, she said as she dragging me into the store. I recognized a few people from the school in here and I was use to the looks I got from them like I was some star—or the son of a star.

After we got our yogurt and Jocelyn payed before I could get my credit card out. We sat at the table closest to the back since she didn't want anyone bother us. Jocelyn groaned and pulled my hat off my head, “What have I said about wearing this thing inside places? It's rude.”

I chuckled and snatched it back, “You and your southern rules.”

“Well now you got to meet most of our classmates, will you finally go to the festival this Friday?”, she asked. “Can't be a hermit forever.”

“I doubt the festivals here are as fun as the ones back home.”, I said, leaning down on the table. “But I know you already, you will make me go.”

“That's true.”, she said, shrugging. “I really want to go to Moscow, Yuri. You talk about it with so much pride.”

“It's my home, of course I will.”, I told her.

“Yet your running away from it.”, she said and I groaned, running my fingers through my hair. “Sorry, sorry right. You're not going to talk about it right now. Just one day I want you to show me your home. Everyone was right in school, Moscow is exciting. Though anywhere else than here is exciting.”

“Kind of dangerous in some part, it's a big city.”, I said and she rolled her eyes.

“I know you will keep me safe.”, she said and I chuckled. “My parents said the same thing about Rome and I was safe the whole time.”

“Because I was there.”, I said grinning. “No one will mess with a strong guy like me.”, I said, puffing out my chest a little and held my chin up high. “I'm Russian, no one would dare mess with me.”

“And this is why you wouldn't survive in New York, you would get into so much fights with how big your head is.”, she laughed, hitting my chest, making me breath out hard. “You are not a Russian mobster.”

“Your such a Western.”, I chuckled. I reached out and pinched her cheek, “My little Amerika.”

The door to the shop opened and I watched the guy Buck come in with a few of his friends laughing about something. He must have felt my glare on him because he turned my head my way and he didn't look to surprise to me then looked at Jocelyn next to me who was awkwardly looking down at her cup of yogurt as she twirled her spoon around.

I looked away, deciding to ignore her him. “Do you want to leave?”, I asked Jocelyn and she looked up at me.

“No, I always went to this place before. Buck knew I would be here though, I always made him take me here before.”, she said, looking sad.

“What is wrong?”, I asked and she shook her head. “Come on Jocelyn, tell me.”, I said as I took her hand.

She pulled it away though, “If you don't tell me your problems, I wont tell you mine.”