Something Like Normal. XV.

My dad held tightly onto his credit card when I put my fingers around it. I gave him a confused look, "I'll be checking up on you four. I may almost be forty but I'm no way ready to become a grandfather. You with Leo, Jocelyn with Eva."

I scoffed and took the card, "Relax, I'm more responsible."

"Well remember it can only take one time, you happened on one time. I mean, it was a long one time and it was pretty amazing—"

"Oh, my God, I do not want to hear this." I said. "I'm 17, I think I can take care of my four year old siblings by getting them food and making sure they get to bed in time. Go enjoy your after party, stop with the whole lecturing thing, I've been hearing this since I was 14."

"I found you with the maid 17 year old daughter!" he coldly said and just to hit me, he smacked me behind my head. "Idiot."

I just can't believe he was still angry about that. All my friends were losing their virginity and she offered!

"That was almost fours year, get over it." I said as I turned away from him and walked over to Jocelyn. 

"Hey. What's up? Why'd he hit you?" she asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry, but I got his cards." I said. I looked down at Eva and Leo, "Burger King you two? Keep it a secret from your mama though." I said since their wicked mother is not only a health freak about her own body but her children body.

They jumped excitedly.

*

Eva and Leo jumped from one bed two another, clearly full awake. Jocelyn and I were playing with them because she suggested this well make them tired quicker. So maybe giving them soda was a bad idea.

They soon crashed from their sugar rush. I would have never given a second thought to my dad while stay in separate bed rule but Jocelyn bit was a good girl and tucked the twins in different beds.

I was sitting on on the balcony of the hotel looking out into the city. It was so bright and loud, it was almost welcoming since a quiet town like Genesis could make anyone crazy who's use to sleep with noise.

"Wow." Jocelyn said as she joined next to me. "Rome was beautiful at night, but New York looks like one of those future shows with high tech stuff. So many lights. Miss falling asleep to stars since my bed right next to my window."

"Yeah, one bad thing about New York." I said.

She reached up, started to take pins out of her hand, "Goodness, my hair may have never looked this pretty much she sure pulled my hair back tightly. I'm surprise my face doesn't look like I had Botox from how pulled back it was--ow!" she said when she struggled to get a pin out.

I chuckled and helped her before she ripped a big chunk of hair out. She smiled and thanked me. She let her long brown, honey blood highlights hair down.  It was in loose curls, making her look so beautiful.

She smiled, "What?"

I shrugged my right shoulder, "Just looking at how beautiful you are."

"Awe, how sweet." she said as she hit my chest playfully and walked into the room. She grabbed her pajamas and went into the bathroom to change.

I undressed and pulled my flannel pants up. When I grabbed my beater the bathroom door opened and Jocelyn covered her eyes, "Sorry!" she whispered.

I chuckled as I put my beater on, "Why are you covering your eyes? You seen me shirtless before plenty of times at the pool."

"This is different." she said as she dropped her arm.

"How?" I asked, shrugging.

Her face beamed, her face bare from makeup, "Because--because I say it is!" she said as she walked passed me and over to the bed where Eva was. She changed the movie on the TV and I grinned.