Something Like Normal. XIX

I cursed in my first language as Jocelyn dragged me over to some photo booth, “No, I can't take pictures right now.” I said and she pouted up as her head tilt back to look up at me.

“You look fine, promise.” she said as she leaned up and kissed my cheek where a faded bruise was. It was such an ugly color, almost yellow looking and the same goes for my eye. “You said to make every memory for us right now so I want tons of pictures. And don't look so grouchy.”

“I was beaten up a week ago and Buck still has not gotten in trouble, it is pissing me off.” I said and she frowned. “If you think I'm grouchy, you should see everyone back home. They always look serious.”

“Fine.” she said, her bottom lip pouting as she lowered her head. She turned and took a few steps before I groaned, grabbing her hand and pulled her into the photo booth. When it was finally over, we waited for the picture and she grabbed collage strip. She scoffed and put her hand on my face, pushing me back into the photo booth, “Smile, I like your smile better than your mean face.” She forced me down onto the bench and put her fingers on each side of my mouth, forcing my mouth into a smile, “You could see it also if you weren't growing a beard.”

“I thought you like my beard.” I said.

“I do, but I like it trimmed. It looks bushy.” she chuckled. “Now you better smile because I'm paying this time, so if that smile falls I'm punching you.”

“Are you sure you aren't Russian, you pretty aggressive? You sometimes remind of a teenager babushka.” I said and she hit me, making me chuckling. “Mine was pretty aggressive, I think she would like you—ouch!” I said, chuckling when she hit my arm again.

“Well someone gotta keep your head off cloud nine but still held high.” she said as she began to sit down next to me after putting three dollars in the machine. I grabbed her though and put her on my lap.

When it was over, she waited for the collage strip and when it came, she smiled as she took it from the slot, “Better.” She pointed at the second one because she had tilt herself to the left and I opened my mouth, baring my teeth like a vampire about to bit into her teeth, “That one was adorable.”

She was happily going on about each picture. My back stiffen when I felt like there was a pair of eyes on the back of my head. I turned my head a little and looked out in the corner of my eyes. I didn’t see anyone watching me though, only a few people looking at the rows of mall carts. I looked back at Jocelyn and put my arm around her waist, “Let go buy some pizza.” I said.

I felt the feeling again as we walked down the mall and I turned my head around, but I didn’t see anyone that looked suspicious.

After grabbing something to eat, Jocelyn wanted to go inside the book store. I was getting bored in the historic session though so I told her I was going to go check out the comic and manga books. I grabbed one that looked interesting by the cover and looked at the pictures.

My back stiffen when I felt that weird feeling again. I looked to my right and I finally saw him. He wasn’t watching me though, he was pretending as if he was reading from a book but the book was a young adult book. It was probably the first thing he grabbed. He was bald headed with tattoos down his large arms. Black long sleeve shirts with black pants. I didn’t know this man, but he was there every time I felt the gaze on me.