Something Like Normal. IV

I scoffed when Yuri talked, “I know, I know, it is pretty embarrassing to be afraid of the tiniest thing on the planet, it just a fear I cannot help. Please do not think any less of me.”, he said and the group of girls 'awe' at him. I couldn't believe that was actually working for him because when I found out, I couldn't stop laughing at him and he hit me with his book he had in his hand.

“It's okay, Yuri, we all have something we're scared of. I hate getting stung by bees, so I can understand you.”, one of our classmates said as she stroked his arm giving him a caring look, making me gag.

“Yeah, I'll admit I hate bugs to. They're gross and your right, they do carry lots of germs.”, another said and I stuck my tongue out in a gagging way as I let my arms drop.

“Thank you, some people—“, he cut himself off to look at me and I gave him a snotty look, “would laugh at a person fear. It is pretty cruel.”

My mouth dropped when the girls turned to me and 'tsk' at me. I scuffed and pointed my finger at Yuri as I glared at him. “You're evil, Yuri Gavril.”, I said.

One of the girls gasp, smiling up at Yuri, “Your middle name is Gavril? How unique!”

I yelled in my head at how frustrated I was getting but I just scuffed as I turned around and quickly regretted it when I saw Buck walking his way towards me. I almost turned around to act as if I had seen him, but he already had and I cursed at myself when he stood in front of me. I gave him an awkward smile, “Hey.”

“Hey.”, he said, wiping his sweaty forehead with his white t-shirt from his flannel shirt he had taken off and his flannel shirt was unbutton on him. “I can't believe you both actually came. Didn't think this was rich boys thing.”

I shrugged, “Yuri wanted to come, he wanted to do something 'American' but he always went to parties in Rome though.”

He nodded for a moment before biting his bottom lip, “Look, Jocelyn, I'm sorry what I said earlier. It was completely rude and wrong of me.”

My eyes widen and I smiled, “Wow, did you just admit you were wrong? Buck Cleon—admitting he was wrong?”, I asked, faking a shocked gasp as I brought my hand up to my chest. Buck was as stubborn as a bull and never admits he wrong until something happens. He wouldn't admit to me that he was wrong this quickly, it was kind of strange. I crossed my arms over my chest, “Shocking, shocking.”

He smirked down at me and lightly pushed me, “Oh shut up, Jocelyn. I thought fighting with you after the first day of seeing each other again was bad karma and I don't need bad karma.”

“Oh. . .are you the same Buck I knew from a year ago?”, I asked, chuckling.

“Like you said, people can change in one year.”, he said, chuckling. “And the clothes aren't so bad, their nice.”

“Thanks.”, I said.

Buck pressed his lips together as he smiled and I chuckled at his boyish look, “So. . .how close are you and Yuri? It's just a question, you don't have to answer if you don't want to.”

I brought my hand up to my mouth and bit my nails, “We're friends—just friends. Yuri didn't really have friends back in Russia and he didn't want to go back. He didn't tell me why, but he never tells me allot about himself so he wanted to come back here with me.”

“Why? What is he hiding?”, he asked.

I shrugged my right shoulder, “I don't know and I never get an answer when I ask. He's a good guy though, he was there when I felt homesick in Rome and pretty much the only friend I had there.”