Something Like Normal. XX

I could see how unhappy Jocelyn looked. After last night, I guess I went a little too far. I wasn’t the type of guy to be bossy and rude to women, my mom would have slapped me last night if she was here to see how horrible I was to her. I was just so upset after seeing her with Buck and they acted like they were ‘good’ friends.

“I’m sorry.” I said.

“Sorry, sorry, oh you’re so sorry.” she sarcastically said. She scoffed, “I just want to slap you, Yuri! Everything was so different in Rome, why isn’t it now?”

I scratched my stubble cheek, “We know each other more well now.”

“No, I know you much better now. You were the one who kept your life a secret.” she said and I agreed.

“You like that Yuri better, the one who you didn’t know life.” I said.

“No, that Yuri was also filled with allot of secrets.” she said. She stood up and ran her hand threw her blonde brown ombre hair as she turned around, “I feel like I don’t know who you are.”

“Of course you do.” I said. “It’s still me, it’s still Yuri.”

“We’re always fighting now though.” she said. “Even as friends we hardly fought.”

I ran my hand threw my hair and looked down at her parent’s living room carpet. This was the exactly the thing I was worried about, what I was scared about. It was true though, we hardly fought and now that we’re together, it’s all we do it seems like. I know it’s my fault, I hid too many secrets. I always ruin thing. I ruined my parent’s relationship and I ruined my own. Jocelyn was a good girl and I was just a spoiled brat who’s trying to run away.

I ruined everything like I knew I would.

I stood up from the couch, “I have ruined everything, I know I have.”

She turned and looked up at me, “No, Yuri I didn’t mean to make you—“

“I have though.” I said. “I should have just kept my feelings locked up. Look where we are now. I leave in a month, I won’t be making you unhappy much longer.”

“Stop that!” she coldly said as she looked up at me. She put her arms around my waist tightly, “I don’t want you out of my life, Yuri. I just want you to stop thinking everything can go your way. Last night, you weren’t yourself. You never spoke to me like that to me before.”

“I just hate seeing him around you.” I said. “I am worried you might realize he’s better than me. He has hurt you far less than I have.”

She snorted, “He sure hasn’t, but there’s no other Yuri Abramov out there but you. My big head, thick eyebrows, crazy, spoiled, germaphobe, cute boyfriend who will always be my best friend.” She stood up on the palm of her feet and wrapped her arms around my neck as she hugged me. Those words didn’t really comfort me because knowing I’m a screw up, I knew this wasn’t the last time she’ll be angry with me.

*

I walked into the portrait studios, Jocelyn behind me who was less happy to be here. Lauren looked at me and squealed, running over, and wrapped her arms around my neck tightly. She might as well should have put me in a choke hold with her grip. I could feel the awkwardness in the air with Jocelyn behind me. I asked how the talk with Lauren last week was and all she said was good and as long as she can be here, she’s fine but I think after what happened over the weekend made her more dislike today.

I put my hands on Lauren waist and pulled her off me. She was dressed in a white long sleeve laced dressed with white pumps. Her dark hair was in big loose curls in a Bohemian hairstyle and her makeup was dark. She looked so much like a model though. Beautiful as one.