Something Like Normal. XIV.

YURI

"I have an idea." I said to Jocelyn as we ate our ice cream. Our last ice cream in Rome. Together.

"Oh no." she chuckled nervously. "Yuri Abramov with an idea? I better prepare myself for this."

"Good idea." I said and grabbed her arm to stop her. I moved in front of her and she looked up at me, her chocolate ice cream quickly melting in the Roman heat and her skin was slightly sunburned since we had gone to the lake yesterday. "I wanna go back to Genesis. Go to America."

Her eyes widen as she smiled, "What?"

"I want to go back with you to America." I said. "I have thought about for a while now Jocelyn. You can't change my mind."

"You're insane." she said. "You gotta go back home Yuri, your family misses you."

"I don't want to go back home though when the world needs to be explored. Jocelyn I don't want our friendship to end here in Rome." I said and her smile disappeared.

"I know, I don't either. But Yuri you know that's crazy. You need to go home to be with your mom, your family. Video chats, we'll keep in touch."

"And grow apart?" I asked. "Jocelyn, you're the only vary few people who I can trust. Please, Saint Petersburg or Moscow--I have no place there but people who use me. I want. . I want something like normal."

"I'm normal?" she asked and I nodded. She chuckled and put her spoon in her ice cream bowl. "Yuri, that's sweet but even if you want that what makes your parents will let you? And my parents would find it weird I'm bringing a guy back with their I Heart Rome t-shirts."

"We're friends though, nothing else." I said.

"I know but they'll find it weird, I mean. . .I haven't really mentioned about you other then I had a friend who was from Russia and you're a guy. They don't know you and I became close."

"So you don't want me to come with you?" I asked and her eyes widen.

"No Yuri, I do but. . ." she sighed and looked down at her ice cream bowl for a moment. "It's probably not gonna happen so we should forget about it."

"If I talk to my parents about it and they say yes, will you let me come back with you?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded,"I would, Yuri. You're my friend, one of my closest friends I ever grown to have." The soft breeze blowing blew her hair forward so I reached up and brushed the right side of her hair behind her ears. She blushed a little and I quickly pulled away. "How long have you've been thinking about this?" she asked. 

"Since last week when you talked about going back. Made me realize our time was coming to end but I don't want it to." I said.

She smiled and held her bowl up, "Here's to a new chapter then."

*

I played around with the stupid tie around my neck. I could never figure these things out and I always got frusterated. My dad finished helping Leo with his tie and came over to me to help. "I can not believe you actually got her parents to agree to coming."