1.2

LETTERS

LETTERS

Joy,

If we don't try, we will never know.

With love, Dean.

. . .

Dean,

I don't want to ruin what we have here.

Joy.

. . .

Dean sighed and decided to leave it be for the day. It was extremely frustrating for him, to be honest, he didn't know why she was so scared to tell him who she was, after what he had written to her. It was quite revealing.

"What's making you look so mad, Dean?" Neville asked as he watched his friends walk down the stairs leading to the common room.

There was a small group made of Neville, Seamus, Annabel and Ginny gathered around the fire, playing cards and eating some candy.

"It's Joy." Dean sighed as he dropped his weigth on a sofa.

"What again?"

"She doesn't want to tell me who she is."

"I already told you before, maybe it's not a girl." Seamus pointed out with a smirk.

"Very funny." Dean answered sarcastically. "No but, really, I don't understand why she is so against it."

"Maybe because she is scared of rejection?" Ginny implied with a shrug.

"Why would I reject her? I love her personality! I'll love her even more once I can put an actual name and face on her."

And for the first time, Annabel decided to join a conversation that was merely about her to say something she truly meant.

"Maybe because she thinks you got your hopes up? You know, sometimes you get this brilliant and wonderful image of someone and once you meet them you only end up disappointed? That might be why she doesn't want to reveal who she is."

And Annabel and Dean made eye contact for a few seconds, causing some chills to run down her spine.

. . .
A/N
I can feel the tensioooon!