2.1

ANNABEL was anxiously sitting on a bench in the front court, her hands nervously rubbing her legs as she still wondered how she had accepted to finally reveal herself to Dean

In some way, these letters had been an amazing thing because she had discovered another side of Dean and had comforted her about her feelings for him.

But on the other hand, from that one time she had written him, she had opened the gate to possibly ruin her friendship with him. And no matter what he said, nothing would ever be the same.

And Annabel had this nauseous feeling it would turn out to be a complete disaster.

After a few minutes that felt like hours, Dean appeared in the front court as well, his hands shaky and his eyes scanning the whole area to see if Joy was already here.

He found Annabel instead.

"Anna?"

Out of the corner of her eye, she had noticed him walk near, but now he had seen her too. Her heart was pounding in her chest so hard she could barely hear anything and the nerves were so overwhelming her vision was slightly shaky as well.

"D—Dean?"

But, she didn't not expect what was about to come out of her friend's mouth.

"What are you doing here?"

"Uh.." Annabel started, still unsure if this was happening this way or not. "Wanted so—some fresh air. Why? What are you doing here?"

"I'm actually supposed to meet Joy. I wanted to keep it secret until it happened but since you're here I might as well tell you."

It took every ounce of strength she had for Annabel to keep her tears in and even let a small smile appear on her lips. "Alright, I guess I'm going to leave then. See you later, Dean."

"See you."

The next thing she remembers is crashing inside her dormitory, literally falling on her bed and letting the tears run freely on her face, the sobs following suit as her small body was shaking because of her state of mind.

Hermione and Ginny were already by her side, trying to understand what was making their friend feel so bad. In between sobs, Annabel explained the most that she could, letting Ginny on her little secret, which, at this point, she didn't really care about.

Dean did not even seem to think for half a second that Annabel could have been Joy and it was what was crushing her the most.

She would only just be his best friend.

. . .

Do you hate me now????
promise it'll be fixed soon