Chapter 16

*1 year later*

“So have you guys done ‘it’?” Dani asked. She looked at her phone and then up at me.

“Um…?” I felt a small smile form on my face. It’s been 1 year and a few months since Harry and I started to go out. He’s an amazing boyfriend, but I’m the problem. I know exactly what Dani is talking about but I would always make up some excuse to not get naked in front of Harry. I guess I’m too insecure about my body and I know for a fact that Harry would get upset about my scars.

Dani and I went shopping today and I saw a small tattoo shop on the corner of the mall… maybe I’ll get a tattoo to cover my scars… maybe.

“Oh My God! You guys did!?” She put her phone down and played with her sleeve. “How was it?”

“Ew!” I yelled. “We didn’t, I swear. Not yet…” I swallowed hard and hope for her not to judge me. I mean, really, I’ve been living with Harry since I was 14, now I’m 18 and I’ve never felt comfortable with being alone with him. It seems wrong.

“Aria! You guys need to make a move. That’s what guys want.” She grabbed my hands and looked at me. “I know Harry and I know he wants to do it. Don’t be insecure…. You have a sexy body. “She winked. I smiled and put on my glasses.

“Thanks. But I got to go. I’ll talk to yah later.” I gave Dani a quick hug and walked to my car. I looked in the mirror and smiled. ‘Let’s do this!’

*

Walking into the tattoo shop, I saw many big scary looking guys. At the back sat a pretty emo girl. She had a few ears piercings and over 20 tattoos on her body.

“Hey! How can I help you?” She looked at me.

“Uh… I want to get a tattoo.” I awkwardly looked around and tried to stay calm.

“Well duh. That’s why it’s a tattoo shop… you know… where you get tats.” She gave me a fake smile and waved at someone else.

“Haha. Yeah sorry. But you have any cute ideas?” The big guy at the door came next to me.

“We have a lot of cute things miss.” His voice was deep and strong.

“Biley! Leave her alone. I got this chick.” The emo girl said. The ‘big guy’ walked away. “Sorry bout that. He’s always sarcastic and what not.”

“It’s ok. But I want some strong words…. Like…. Um…. Words can’t say what love can do.” I looked at my wrist.

“Wow. That’s harsh. You want it on your wrist?” She started to unpack a few things.

“Oh no! I want it on the side of my body.” She told me to take off my shirt and lay down.

**

“Hey babe. I’m on my way home.” I left Harry a voicemail as I drove to our flat. My waist hurts like…. I don’t even know. The pain was somewhat creative. But I do love my tattoo. It covers most of my scars and I can finally feel confident.

As I drove into the drive way, I felt my side and rubbed it a little. When I looked up, a confused Harry was knocking on my window. “You ok babe?”

“Oh gosh… yeah…” Here we go. I got out of my car and followed him into our house. When I door closed he turned around to face me.

“What was you looking at?”