Chpt. 1

Elena's POV

"People say that you only find true love once in your life...but it's different for a vampire. Love comes and goes. I know that I am madly in love with Klaus Mikaelson, but I believe that loving him is a blessing and a curse. He can bring you passion and adventure and even a little danger.... He can also bring you death, pain, and sorrow. When you love someone you have to take the good with the bad, you have to accept their flaws because they accept yours, and i have accepted his many, many flaws. Because I love him. I love him so much that it consumes me, but there is always that one thing that one annoying thing that keeps getting in the way of any love story and ours just so happens to be his brother...Elijah."

"Can you tell me more about Elijah?"

My therapist asks and I nod my head yes.

"Let's see, Elijah. He's very sophisticated, he always wears a suit which I find oddly attractive."

"Elena, you know that's not what I meant. How do you feel about him?"

I sigh and look down.

"I love him. His presence is intoxicating, every time I'm around him my heart rate quickens and my palms become sweaty. It's as if I can't breath when I'm around him, and when I'm not around him it's the same thing."

"Have you and Elijah had sexual relations?"

She asks and my lips form a small smile.

"We have, twice. It was awhile ago though."

"Listen Elena, I've been seeing you for weeks and there's nothing mentally wrong with you. The only problem is that you love two brothers deeply, my guess is that you already know what and who you want. You just don't want to admit it to yourself."

She says and I roll my eyes.

"I'll see you next Saturday then."

I say standing up and she sighs.

"Fine, but try to do yourself and me a favor and just choose one already."

"Bye Cami"

I say then walk out. Camille is a good therapist because she knows about all the secrets in this town and by secrets I mean the vampires, werewolves, and witches. We've actually became pretty good friends. I check my phone and notice that I have a text from Freya, all it reads is "Coffee?" I quickly send her "yeah, be there soon" I shove my phone back into my coat pocket and head towards Rousseau's.