5-decisions and unexpected awakenings

This chapter is dedicated to amanda_avila4 just because she's an amazing fan of my books that has encouraged me enough to complete the chapter as soon as I could (so you can thank her in the comments 😉). Hope you guys like it, another one will be up as soon as its finished 😄.

*Edited*  

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
"Lydia, Sam, can I talk to you guys in the kitchen quickly; it'll only take a minute," my dad's voice called from downstairs.

I raised a questioning eyebrow at Sam but he only shrugged, guess even he doesn't know what this is about; hmmm...

Heaving a sigh, I carefully got up from my bed where I'd been watching a movie while Sam typed something on my laptop that he'd borrowed. He followed along behind me as I waddled down the stairs, his hands resting securely on my hips to stop me from falling.

Entering the kitchen, I took a seat on one of the stools while Sam took up the space behind me, his arms wrapping around my waist as his head rested on my shoulder. Dad strolled in a moment later, his face holding a sense of remorse.

"What's up dad?" I can feel his stress as his eyes quickly dart to me before flitting away.

"You-I mean... *coughs* ..." Dad takes a deep breath before restarting. "As you know, to become the gang-leaders, you need to be well trained and equipped. In order to fulfil these requirements, you need to be taught how to handle the ropes."

Sam nods along, "yeah, we know all of this. We'll have to get training from you and the fire arm crew, as well as being taught how we're suppose to keep ourselves and our baby safe," his hand moves over my baby bump protectively. "What do you need to tell us Rob?"

Sam's hand movements don't go unnoticed by dad and his eyes soften, but I don't miss the hint of anger in them, after all, I'm still his daughter and Sam did get me pregnant...

"Well, your training had to start sooner than expected. Lydia, you can't train properly until you've given birth but you can revise and learn theory before moving onto practical when you're without child. Sam, you can proceed as anyone else would, but if you wish, you could accompany Lyd in theory before practical," dad explained.

I shared a look with Sam, his eyes searching mine for an answer I didn't possess. When he couldn't find it, he looked up at dad, "can I talk privately with Lydia for a moment please Rob?"

Dad nodded before leaving the room and I immediately span around to face Sam. "What do you want to do?" We asked in perfect unison.

A small giggled escaped my lips, "it's up to you. You don't have to feel obliged to do theory before practical; if you wanna do the standard course then you can," I told him, though a part of me hopes he would stay with me in this.

He studied me for a moment, his piercing hazel eyes shining in wonder as he tried to read me. "No," he said slowly. "We're co-leaders in this so we have to do this together. We'll be able to help each other," he beamed down at me. I returned his smile as he leaned down to peck my lips before summoning dad again.

He oh-so-casually strolled back into the room, whistling so as to not seem so obvious that he was just listening from the other side of the wall like I know he was.

I pulled a deadpan face, "drop the act dad, I know you were ear-wiggin'."

He sent me a sheepish smile, "so, did you guys come to a decision?"