3-Lifelines and pregnancy hormones

*Edited*

*Lydia's POV*

Ilene called the doctors today and booked a doctors appointment for us tomorrow. It's just a simple check up; an ultrasound and some questions I have to fill in about the baby.

Both of us were now about nine weeks, meaning that our bellies were beginning to grow, but we could still fit in our regular clothes. It would only be a matter of time before I started 'borrowing' more of Sam's t-shirts and buying maternity trousers.

Currently, I was cuddled up on my bed with Sam, watching 'the host' on Netflix. My back was pressed against Sam's chest while his head rested on my shoulder and his arms were wrapped around my waist. The large, cream, fluffy blanket that usually lay across the end of my bed was covering us up to our necks because i was cold. And my laptop was just in front of us, a big bowl of butter popcorn beside it.

"I never got this film. I mean, that guy is in love with what? This little, weird alien thingy. And that guy is in love with the body?" Sam complained loudly.

I gasped falsely, "This film is great! Melanie's body was just being used as a 'host'- hence the name- for wanderer because the mean people thought she was dead or something. They're both good people really. Jared is in love with Melanie while the other guy - Ian - is in love with wanderer. Simple," I explained.

"Sure, simple," he mimicked me in a sarcastic tone. I couldn't help but burst out laughing. "What?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"You-you s-sounded...like the meerkat f-from...compare the market dot com!" I got out between fits of laughter.

He rolled his eyes, snuggling his head into the crook of my neck to avoid further conversation. "Your lucky I love you, else I'd be out that door in a millisecond," he grumbled, his voice muffled by my skin.

Suddenly, I flipped, "well why don't you just go then?!" I yelled, shoving him away from me.

"Wh-" he began but I cut him off.

"Just go!" I screamed, pushing him away as he tried to pull me back into his arms. A look of hurt grazed his face as he turned and left, muttering that he'd be downstairs when I'd calmed down.

He slammed the door shut behind him and I slowly slid down the wall I'd been leaned against to get away from him. I don't know why he didn't just leave; everyone else does and will.

••••••••••

*Sam's POV*
What the heck?! What did I do?

I tried to sit down on the sofa when she kicked me out of her room, but found myself fidgeting so instead, got up and began pacing the room; I've been pacing for half an hour.

The worst part? I don't even know what I did.

"What's wrong honey?" Ilene's voice appeared just as she came through the doorway.

I stopped pacing and watched her as she sat on one of the sofas, patting the seat beside her. Gingerly, I took a seat beside her.

"Tell me what happened Sammy," she pushed with her kind voice that made me relaxed to some degree.

"Don't call me Sammy," I groaned. She simply smiled at me, gesturing for me to go on and tell her what happened. Groaning again, i slid my hands down my face, "Lydia's mad at me. I don't know why."