Feels attack

I just started thinking of my great aunt...

You know you'd think that 8 years her death I'd be over it, but you're never over your loved ones. I'm seriously crying rn. ;-; she...she never got to see me in marching band, or my concerts, or where I am now. I...I just...I just want to have her in my arms. I want to hug her and hold her tight and never let her go again. I wanna go back and ask my mom and dad to visit her more often then we did. I wanna see her again. I just wanna hear her laugh. Hear her call for Grandma like she used to. I can faintly remember that voice. How she would just holler "mama" to get Grandma's attention. Yea. And I forgot how she would laugh. I...I couldn't hear her speak in her last few months. She couldn't talk back to me in the hospital, but dad told me she could hear me, but she couldn't do anything. I held her hand, and hugged her on the bed. I didn't wanna let go. I...I didn't wanna let her go. But I had to. I...I miss her. And I know she can see everything I've done these 8 years and is probably very proud of me and my brother. Of what we've done and accomplished...I just wish I could she her again. And talk to her. And hug her. I tell her "I love you" again. She was the sweetest person I've ever known. Even some people she treated in the hospital she worked for came to her funeral. If you spent a few minutes with her, you'd love her instantly. She...she lit up the room whenever she was around, because she was so nice. She was so kind and generous and sweet...and...I miss her. I only wanna see her again. If even for a moment. I wanna see her smile again.

But she's there. All around me. She's always there for me. I know she is. With God by her side, she protects me. She watches over me and protects me from anything that could harm me.

I'm sorry. I just wanted to get this off my chest. For anyone who has lost a loved one, I know what you're going through. It's happened to me before. I'm here to help you through it. And know what they're always with you. Watching over you, protecting you, seeing you grow into the wonderful person you are today and into the great person you will be.