Chap. 3

Keisha:

My room looked just the way I left it.

Clean, neat and tidy.

It seems to be more of a guest room than anything else. The walls are a light peachy colour and all the furniture is an expensive light cream colour. The wall lights cast a bright white glow to everything in the room and I can't help but wonder how did I ever call this home.

The plush beige carpet is woven with my name and besides from the shelves of trophies, it's the only thing that makes the room seem personal.

The four poster bed in the centre of the room sits on a white platform. I always wonder how throughout my life I have never fell from it, but my maids did. So weird.

There is a big comfortable sofa at the foot of the bed with a large floor to ceiling television. A love seat sits to the corner near the french doors that lead out to a rather large balcony that has a few chairs and tables.

I step inside, feeling trapped into an emotionless world of luxury. Again. It's a little cold and I try not to think about the times I would run to my large walk in closet and sleep. As comfortable as the bed is, it is never enough to keep the nightmares at bay. I didn't think mom or dad knew about them, but they always seem to know everything. Maybe they just don't care.

I shake my head, trying to pull myself from that hole of self pity. They never cared, that's it. All I need is to get over it. But things are always easier said than done.

I step into the bathroom, the intoxicating smell of lavender filled my nostrils. It is a little dull than I remember, but probably because the bathroom haven't been used.

I glance at the mirror and to my amazement, I look fine. Thank goodness I wasn't wearing any mascara or anything. Not even lipstick. But I still look okay and presentable. The opposite of what I'm feeling.

I glanced at the sink and washed my hand and face. Grabbing a white towel that I sniffed first, I dried my face and hands and then brushed my teeth.

Combing my hand through my already straightened hair, I release a sigh. This is not how I had plan my night to be. This isn't how I even planned my day. It might as well be karma biting me in the butt or the universe saying that I don't deserve a happy ending. Anyways, since I have no plans might as well go with the flow.

I went into the shower after finding an underwear in my size. I probably will need to use back the bra I came over with. I really don't understand how my boobs have grown in the few years I haven't been here.

I come out of the bathroom after drying off and putting on my undies when I see a bra with matching panties and a blue floral dress on the bed. I glanced around my room, wondering how my mom had gotten in the room and I didn't hear and if she was still in here. She is weird like that.

Thankfully, she is nowhere to be seen and I grab the clothes and undergarments before getting back into the bathroom. After a period of sniffing and inspecting, I deemed the clothes safe and put them on. As I slip into the blue floral dress, I hear a knock on the door and I know they are growing impatient. They meaning my parents.

Finding some brown knee high boots, I slip them on and then strolls out of the room to meet my father's bodyguard. He motions for me to follow him and he walks away, heading towards the kitchen downstairs. I roll my eyes at the big jock named Ukraine.

"You know, I have lived here for quite a while to at least know where the kitchen is," I say passing him. And believe me, I know the kitchen very well, considering the fact that I absolutely loved the smell of food. I couldn't really stomach food before, especially when I was younger. Thus, I was very skinny growing up. But now, I love eating food. "I can find my way just find."