Chap. 7

Keisha:

I come out of the bathroom, reluctant to share the same room with these unfamiliar people again. Sure, they had the chance to do whatever they wanted to do to me for the past three weeks and do seem as if they are genuinely concerned about my wellbeing, but...anyone in the mafia can't be trusted, right? Shut the fuck up, will you? You hardly know the people. When since you became such a coward?

Okay, so that is a wake up call from my subconscious. I am not usually a coward, my parents made sure of it. To tell the truth, I enjoy the dangerous situations. So why so scared now? Maybe it is from the trauma of being treated horribly by a man that reminded me of my eight grade teacher.

I peek into the room to see only the light directly over the headboard of the bed is on and there is light being filtered in by what I assume to be from windows. They must of opened the drapes to get in some sunlight. There isn't any talking so my suspicion is right. They left. But not all of them I quickly learn as I completely exit the cramped bathroom.

He is still here. I don't know if that's a good thing however since my heart rate accelerates faster than a rocket taking off into space. This isn't right. It feels so foreign to me. Emotions seem to choke me and I wonder if it's his deadly good looks. But I have seen hot guys before. I should be immune to this. His back is turned to me for crying out loud. But boy, is his back broad, fitted perfectly in that tailor made suit. He looks like the king of his empire as he gaze down at his kingdome below.

"The doctor should be here in the next ten minutes to do some routine check up," his deep voice resounds in the room, breaking the tensed silence. I nod, even though he can't see me. "If all is well, you'll be released."

"Does that mean I get to wear a bra and...err...panties?" He chuckles at my stupid question.

"Yes," he answers, his voice sounding amused. Glad I could be of some entertainment. Something tells me that he doesn't usually find anything amusing. "If you so insist."

"Do I also get to go home?" His entire stance tenses and my heart falters. It isn't as simple. He may have rescued me from that psycho rich guy, but maybe he will be the commander of my next prison or torture chamber. Why? I don't know.

"Yes, to your new home," he tells me, his body moving to the side. The sunlight makes the sharp angles of his jawline sharper and his dark hair look even more softer. He looks larger than life in that moment and I find myself itching to step in the danger of touching him. Soothing the troubles of his mind. As I said before, I am usually a lover of dangerous situations. That hasn't changed. "With me."

"Why?" I ask as I approach him, his body tensing even more as I eat up the distance between us. I stop at about a feet or two from him before I do something stupid. Like touch him. "Wouldn't it be easier to just send me home?"

He doesn't answers, not even glancing my way but continuing to stare down below. I don't hear traffic or anything and I only see trees and bright colors from my point of view through the window.

"At least tell me who you are," I say, my voice small for some reason as I cross my arms across my chest. It feels a little uncomfortable since my boobs aren't really small in any sense, but it feels better than my arms being at my sides. "What's your full name?"

"I am Rafael Drakos," he answers and I cock my head at that. His last name sounds Greek with that slight accent of his. "And you are Miss Keisha Giorgio."