Chapter 16

Jack's POV

Everyone walked away without a word. I guess everyone's like me, we've got too much on our plates right now. The thought of me dying is haunting me. And every change I experience means one step closer to my death. That means... When I change completely to how I looked like 300 years ago, that might be too late to do anything. If all of us Guardians' magic fade and eventually... Die, gosh it creeps me out thinking of it, what will happen to the children? Everyone will stop believing, all hope is lost.

But I don't intend to let that happen, none of us do. We are going to activate that book and fix all this. I just hope that book gives detailed information and instructions on how to restore our powers, unlike the riddle. This is life or death!

"Fate brings you here" Ethan's words echoed in my head. This makes me hate fate now, why me?! Why was I destined to come here, to meet these people and face such challenges? More importantly, why was I so stupid, letting curiosity get the better of me, longing to go through the gateway, ignoring all the rumours of it?! Stupid, stupid Jack!

North's POV

All this just really wants me to end my life. If I had not been so reckless about suggesting we go explore the gateway and kept the barrier, we could be safe right now. I'm endangering all of the Guardians! They'll never accept my apology. No amount of apology can compensate for this. Manny, I've failed you!

Anna's POV

So Elsa's gonna lose her powers, but she won't die, that's the good news. The bad news is Olaf's gonna melt. But all that made me wonder, I was struck by Elsa's powers, so why am I not affected? In my opinion, Elsa's guess was the best. If magic doesn't exist here, means Elsa's strike on my hair when we were little would not exist. Which means it wouldn't lead to the ice in my heart and so on.

The situation's pretty havoc, there's too much going on at the same time. The Guardians, Eugene and Toothless could be facing death. And it's not like they can be resurrected like Olaf! Hiccup's book is our last hope right now.

And, I know this isn't what you're supposed to be thinking during a situation like this, but I was thinking about who was Disney and who was DreamWorks. Because, the people who are having a crush right now all seem to have a coincidence of having a crush on the other side. Merida's Disney, and she's crushing on Hiccup who's DreamWorks. Then with him and Elsa's Disney. Jack's DreamWorks, Rapunzel's Disney. I'm just trying to piece them together and figure out what this means, it might be a clue. Or it might just be my crazed imagination. Yeah, it probably is, I think too much.

Hiccup's POV

Honestly, everything here doesn't make sense to me. I live in a world without magic, so people having magic already doesn't make sense. And now, they're telling me that Toothless is going to cease to exist?! I looked at the book. Book, you're weighing Toothless' and the others' lives right now, don't let us down.

Merida's POV

So, I'm the only one who's not at risk of losing anything. Hiccup doesn't count because he has his dragon.

I have been thinking about the riddle all along, since I didn't have anyone to worry about. I don't mean that I don't care about the rest, but I can't even help them until we get that book activated, I better do some thinking about a way home. Now I understand on why my people didn't come back, maybe they couldn't gather the items, maybe I can find them, and help them home. There's always a way right? That forest full of voices is proof.

Eugene's POV

I cannot believe my ears! No wonder all that happened when we reached Alternia, Rapunzel's healing isn't working here! That explains my palm, I can see a scar forming, I know it's only a matter if time before it's bleeding again. Back when Rapunzel and I were trapped in the cave and I got a cut on my palm for trying to find a way out, that was the first time Rapunzel healed me. I still remember she saying, "Please don't freak out!"  after I looked at my healed palm.

But that cut isn't important right now, what about the stab in the stomach that Gothel gave me?! That stab is lethal, I can die! How much time do I have left before it becomes irreversible? Why does magic not exist in this place damn it!

Elsa's POV

"Should we got look for Cleo, Isabelle, Ethan, Darrel and Aidan or help ourselves to that library?" I broke the unbearable silence.

"We could use a guide." Bunny agreed.

"But it's dark, unless we break into school I don't see how we're gonna get in there. The school should be closed right now. I didn't realise how long we've spent in that forest." Hiccup argued.

"I suggest we find a place to take shelter first." North said.

A figure was seen walking around, the person seemed to be walking left and right, looking around. The figure spotted us and waved.

Anna turned around. "Is that person waving at us?"

I didn't wait to find out, I marched forward to the figure. It was too dark to see. "Cleo?"  I asked, getting a closer look.

"It's Isabelle. Good to see you guys again." She smiled at me. "I hope you now know what you need?"

"Hi Isabelle!" Olaf ran towards her.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"The others are waiting for you, I was in charge to wait here for you guys. Duty shift. Come, I'll take you to Tiana's Palace. It's a restaurant name, not a palace, in case you were wondering." Isabelle replied.

And so we followed her. I could hear my own stomach growling already. I didn't think I'd be that hungry. Along the way, Isabelle explained to us about Tiana.

"Tiana is just like you, she and Naveed, her husband, traveled from their world and got here. They're Disney. But unlike the rest, they didn't leave. They didn't go back to their world, they have their own key. They offered to stay in Alternia and help out, help restore order to this place. They help those who come through the gateway, giving them guidance etc. So, if you have any questions, you can ask them." Isabelle said. "... And here we are, welcome to Tiana Palace."

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!