Chapter 6 - Back home... Or Hell

[Picture of Amber above]

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

"Okay that's just strange! Why didn't you tell me about this before?" Jessica laughs as she playfully shoves me backwards stronger than she intended because I fall backwards off of her mattress. After that, we both burst into laughter and I don't even have to try to be happy, it comes naturally, just like everyone else.

"I don't know! I guess I was still shocked." I tell her as I try to climb back onto the bed. I've had way too much sugar, I'm so hyper! Once we've both calmed down and I'm actually back on the bed sturdily, Jessica gives me a stern expression and makes intense eye contact with me.

"You have to promise me another thing." She tells me as she holds out her pinky.

"Sure, what is it?" I smile, holding my pinky out as well, ready to shake.

"Never. And I mean, never ever... Date Jordan!" At that I gag and Jessica starts to laugh again; followed by me... Again!

"Trust me! I wasn't thinking about it! I never ever will date Jordan!" I announce as I interlock our pinkies and shake before letting each other go.

Suddenly, we hear a light knock on the door, it was probably louder than I heard it but our laughter muffles it.
"Hey..." I hear a mumbled voice say and then a jumbled Adam appears. He looks so tired... Like he hasn't slept in days.

"What's up? Come, sit." I tell him, patting a spot on the bed next to both me and Jessica. He follows my instructions and sits on the bed after closing the door behind him, like it was before he came here.

"Nothing, just couldn't sleep." He tells us, rubbing his eyes. What actually is the time? Its like Jessica read my mind because she quietly announces that its 1:30 on the morning! Thank God its Saturday tomorrow!

"Guys, I have an idea but I need both of you to help me." I tell them after a let out a big yawn.

"I'm in!" Adam immediately answers.

"That was quick, what if I said I wanted to kill a man?"

"I'd still be in!" He immediate answers again. At that I just laugh, wait for Jessica's response and then tell them what I want to do.

"Sure, I'm in too!" Jessica tells us.

"Good! I need help to get back to the house..." I say after taking a deep breath.

"Wait... No... You mean, where your dad lives?" Jessica asks, concerned.

"Yes. I know when he goes to the pub and he leaves at the latest, 7:30 in the evening on a Saturday and doesn't come back until past midnight, then he just passes out on the sofa. We'll have enough time to get my clothes and anything else I'll need and get back without being noticed." I explain to them as they listen intently.

"Are you sure, what if he doesn't go out?" Adam speaks up and asks.

"Oh trust me, he never misses a Saturday night at a bar!" I announce. After that, we create a plan for tomorrow night that we will sneak out and say that me and Jessica are having a sleepover at Emily's house. One of her childhood best friends. Adam is going to say he's got to finish a project at his friends house too. Adam will 'drop us off at Emily's' but instead, we go to my house. Emily is in on the plan as well as Adam's friend too because if Mr or Mrs Jones call those two families up, there will be trouble...

Jessica have me one of her holiday packing bags that we're going to bring into the house. I will throw as many clothes into it as I can, get some coats, my headphones and iPod and the most important; some stuff which reminds me of my mum. If dad is somehow back by when we need to leave, we'll jump out of the window but otherwise, we will go through the front door then do whatever for the rest of the night.