Chapter 23 - Secrets

Picture of Jacob above

†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††

Adam has been visiting me every Monday and Thursday while I visit him every Tuesday and Saturday but even with all these visits, he seems to be getting worse. I mean, he hasn't cut again but his skin seems paler and his eyes seem dead.
His body seems limp and when we kiss, there is little to no energy. I've also noticed that he's hardly been eating which I can't let him keep up... I'm really worried about him but I've done all I can to help him, I've told Mr and Mrs Jones to keep an eye on him when I'm not around as well because who knows what he could get up to...

It's Monday today and Jacob has left to go and visit a friend for the week so I invited Adam to come over and stay the night but so far we haven't spoken. You know, what I said about him getting worse... He hardly speaks as well but I have gotten him to eat and drink which I guess is a start...

"I want you to come back, Amber... Please." Adam begs all of a sudden, taking hold of both of my hands."I'm lost without you with me, everyday..." I drop my head with a sad expression before I lift my head again to link eyes with Adam's lingering gaze.

"You have no idea how much I would love that too... but you know I can't. The Council come over too much and they would notice that I've been elsewhere." I tell him, stroking my thumbs over the backs of his hands.

"We don't have to tell anyone," He says, taking a small step towards me to whisper in my ear. "It can be our little secret." Dropping my head once again, I take in a deep breath before sighing gently.

"Adam, it would be impossible, no matter how many precautions we take, we would be found out an we would probably be forced to leave each other. I know neither of us want that."

"I just... I... I want you back. I love you, Amber. I'm in love you. I'm so in love with you it feels like I'm drowning, it feels unreal and-" He blurts until I cut him off by wrapping my hands around the back of his neck and slamming my lips into his.

He responds quickly by fiercely moving his lips against mine and placing one hand on my waist while the other wraps around the small of my back.  Suddenly, I feel my back push against the  wall as he moves his hands to my thighs and lifts them so they are resting on his waist while I wrap my entire arms around his neck. Soon enough, Adam has moved and has thrown me onto my bed with his body hovering over mine. For a moment, our eyes open and I seem to get lost in his ebony eyes and forget everything around me... except Adam. Giggling slightly, I reach up and pull Adam's face towards mine once again, softly moving my lips against his; smiling into the kiss. Dragging myself back on my bed, I start to reach the pillows before I stop and bring my hands back to the base of his neck. All of a sudden, he moves his lips to my neck, causing my to let out a quiet moan as I reach for his shirt and start to unbutton it, one button at a time. Once I've finished, he leans up and throws his shirt off and onto the floor before lowering back to me. I spin him over and straddle his hips before he lifts himself off the mattress to meet his lips with mine as his hands travel up my thighs and to my waist while mine tangle themselves in his hair.

His hands swiftly move under my tank as he lifts it over my head and onto the floor with his shirt. Flipping me over, he presses me deeper into my duvet as he pushes his lips down hard on mine as he interlocks our hands together and also presses them onto the bed beside my head, not allowing me to move but I don't care. When he lifts his head from mine, he opens his eyes just after I do and looks down at me with a soft kind expression causing a smile to lift to my lips. Grasping the sides of my head and lifting it up to his just like I did before, I reach for the waistband of his denim jeans and look for the button. Unhooking it, I zip down his fly and push them down from his hips before he takes them down the rest of the way, leaving him only in his boxers; tightly clung to his hips. As if we swap places, I move my hands to his back again as his hands move to my hips, sliding down my soft, blue cotton shorts. Lifting my hips off the mattress slightly to help them come off more easily, Adam ends up lifting the rest of me off the mattress and flips under me. Bending my back down towards me, I kiss him just like I have been but from then on, I forget everything...