Chapter 1: Tickets

Emma Pov:

Today is Sophia's Birthday! My foster parents Kendall and Josh made us all a nice breakfast but of course not all the kids sat down to eat. Sarah was at her friends house and Nick and James could care less about the rest of us. At least our foster parents made a birthday breakfast. We usually didn't get many presents because fostering 5 kids costs a lot of money.
However today they handed an envelope to Sophia and I.

"What's this?"

"This is a birthday present for you and Sophia since your birthday is in 3 weeks"

"Really thank you!"

Sophia opens the envelope and inside is a  ticket to SDCC. I open mine and see the same thing. We jump up, scream and thank our foster parents over and over. Comicon was in 3 days and we couldn't wait!

--------(in our bedroom)

"Emma I can't believe we actually got tickets to this can you even imagine meeting the cast!"

"I think I'm going to die just looking at them, I don't know if I will even be able to talk!"

"Oh stop it you are always so shy around everyone"

"That's just me, you know that"

"I know but it wouldn't hurt you to find some confidence"

"Thanks Soph, I'm so glad we are going on this adventure together"

"Me too! You know what we should do"

"What"

"Let's open your letter"

"What no, my birth mom wrote it and it says read on your 18th birthday"

"Come on Em!! you don't have anything from her or your dad except that letter!"

"Well why would I open it now I'm about to turn 13 not 18"

"Maybe it would give you some confidence. You wouldn't feel like it was your fault that you were abandoned"

"Shut up! I know it's not my fault, how are you so ok with being alone"

"My parents died in a fire you know that. I have Kendall and Josh now"

"Well I don't want all my hope to vanish because the letter I've been staring at my whole life turns out to say my parents hated me or something"

"Em that letter could be a good thing you know"

"I know I'm just not ready yet"

"Well how about on your actual birthday"

"Ok I will consider it"

"Ugg you are always so difficult!"

Sophia and I spent the next day's packing and fangirling over Once.