Chapter 21: Wedding

Jen Pov:

Camryn is now 2 months old and my wedding is today. We decided to have it in Northern California in a vineyard. It's April so the weather is beautiful. My sister is my maid of honor and Ginny and Rose are my bridesmaids. Emma is the flower girl, she is going to push Camryn in a little stroller and throw flowers. That morning I woke up, I was staying with my sister. Emma and Camryn were with me while Evan was with Colin. We had a lady come to my sisters house to do all of our hair and makeup. Then we drove over to the vineyard. There was a beautiful field with a white arch set up and rows of chairs facing it. Flowers lined the sides of the aisles and cascaded down from the arch. It's was truly picturesque. There was a big barn near the field where the reception would be held. We walked into the barn and into a room on the right. This is where I was to get ready. My sister helped me get into my wedding dress while the rest of my bridesmaids were helping to decorate the barn. My dress was absolutely stunning.

Emma walked in once I was ready and we were left alone

"You look gorgeous mom"

"Emma you look beautiful as well"

Emma wore a white dress very similar to mine with a flower crown in her hair.

"Are you excited"

I held her hands and looked into her eyes.

"I'm nervous honey......I never could go through with this the last time."

She hugged me.

"Mom, you don't have to worry about Colin. He's nervous too"

I pulled away and chuckled.

"I doubt it"

"No I just talked to him. He is worried that you are to good for him"

I laugh to myself.

"That's my man"

"Exactly"

I hug Emma and kiss her head.

"I'm so glad you're in my life Emma. You have made me happy, you changed my life"

She hugged me tighter.

"Mom, you changed mine too. I could never thank you enough"

We pull away and walk outside to where the wedding will be held. Now it's time. I watch Emma and Camryn go down the aisle. The sight of them made me tear up; my daughters were gorgeous. Next Evan brings the rings down the aisle; he looks adorable just like his father in that little suit. Then my brides maids go down. I hear the music and my dad approaches me.

"You look gorgeous Jennifer"

He kisses my forehead

"Thank you daddy"

I take my fathers arm and I walk down the aisle. As soon as I see Colin's eyes the world fades away. He's looking at me with so much adoration and I get lost in the deep blue. I take his hand and stand across from him. We say our vows and place the rings on our fingers. I have never felt happier. We kiss deeply but not too passionate because of the people around us. then I pick up Camryn and Colin picks up Evan Emma grabs both of our hands and we walk down the aisle as one big happy family. I see everyone I care about in the audience smiling at me. We head to the barn and sit down at our table for the reception. Soon enough It's time for speeches; my dad and Julia make a speech, then Emma steps up.

----------------------------------------------

Emma Pov:
It's my parents wedding day so I decided to make a speech to show them how much I love them. However I'm incredibly nervous. I step up to the microphone

"I'm sure most of you know who I am. My mom gave me up for adoption as a baby but now I live with her and my new father."

I point to Colin who is smiling at me with his arm around my moms waist.

"Life has been rough for me, I've experienced things that no child should ever have to.

I hold in my tears and glance at my mom who looks at me encouragingly.

" But none of that matters anymore. My mom saw that my life wasn't that great and she fought for me. She took me away from my pain without a second thought. She is ambitious and fights for what she believes in. She is also the only person in my life who ever listened to how I felt. I learned that in some ways she was broken like me. We all are a little messed up."

The crowd chuckles and looks at me understandingly.

"When my mom is with Colin they light up like nothing I've ever seen before. They both are so happy it's almost annoying. I love them and my baby sister and brother. The truly are my family."

My mom is crying now along with most of the people at the tables.

"My mom is the most inspiring person I have ever met, I can't wait to live the rest of my life with my family. I've learned that home is the place when you leave, you just miss it. This is the first time in my life where I feel at home. I want to end my speech with my favorite quote that my mom has ever said. It takes incredible strength to be vulnerable. Thank you mom for giving me that strength to live and be happy. and most of all thank you for giving me a home."

The audience clapped and I ran to my mom with tears streaming down my face. I hugged her and she hugged me back. She whispered in my hair

"I love you"

Colin joined our hug along with Evan. My grandmother was watching Camryn.

After my speech we ate dinner and talked. It was so much fun. Then it was time for the first dance. My parents let me sing the song, I was more nervous about this. I got up in the front of the room and sat on a stool with my guitar. A microphone was in front of me. Evan and Camryn were on the ground next to me. I started strumming my guitar and singing.

"Forever can never be long enough for me
Feel like I've had long enough with you
Forget the world now we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do
Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way
Marry me
Today and every day
Marry me
If I ever get the nerve to say
Hello in this cafe
Say you will
Mm-hmm
Say you will
Mm-hmm"

My parents danced in each others arms; My mom had happy tears on her face as she watched me sing to them.

-------------------------------------

Jen Pov:

Colin held me in his arms while Emma sang. My little boy and little girl sat next to her. This was by far the happiest day of my life. I stared into Colin's eyes as he looked at me with so much adoration. I never thought my life would turn out this way....and that's what made it all so special. Emma said it in her speech and it is true......

I finally feel at Home.

The End

Thank you so much for reading this! I really enjoyed writing it so I'm glad you all liked it! Please Comment your thoughts; I love to hear your feedback😊