Chapter 1 : Flashback

Klaus's P.O.V

*_March 31, 1860_*

"Klaus!" Rebekah yelled and I walked over to her.

"What is it sister?" I asked and I saw her pointing at something. I walked over to see what it was. I saw a wolf asleep underneath my self-portrait. I walked up to the wolf and it woke up. The wolf looked at me then my sister. I held out my hand to him/her and him/her let me pet him/her. I laughed and wolf came closer to me. The wolf was not afraid of me, that's the first.

"Elijah, come look." I heard Rebekah yell as I petted the wolf.

"Sister-" I heard Elijah said and then he stopped. I turned around, I saw his eyes staring at the wolf, and walked over to him. The wolf followed me, I was getting really confused on why this wolf had taken a liking in me. "Brother, why is there a wolf here?" Elijah asked me and I looked down at the wolf.

"To be fair, have no idea why. But I can tell you the wolf does trust me for some odd reason." I said and my brother looked at the wolf. I could tell my brother did not like the wolf, but I didn't care.

"Well, can we keep him." Rebekah said and the wolf growled. Rebekah looked at it in surprise and fear.

"Calm down sweetheart. At least know we now know it a girl." I said and Rebekah looked at the wolf.

"Sorry." She said and the wolf walked up to her. She rubbed against her head against her leg and Rebekah bent down to pet her. I could tell the wolf liked Rebekah. Then she walked up to Elijah and sat in front of him. She tilted her head at him and I laughed.

"Fine we can keep her, but she will need a name." Elijah said, then the wolf ran away and came back with a rose. We were confused but she just placed it in front of me. I picked it up and look at the wolf.

"Are you trying to tell me your name?" The wolf barked. "Are you a werewolf?" The wolf barked again.

"Then why aren't you human?" Rebekah asked and I quickly change the topic knowing she couldn't answer.

"Doesn't matter, but we do need to know your name." I said and then I thought of something. "I'll be right back." I said and the wolf followed me. I turned to her and looked at her. "I'll be fine. Now stay." I said and that's what she did. She laid down and waited till I came back. I went to go get a piece of paper and a pen. I came back and she got up. "Missed me." I said and put the piece of paper in front of her.

"Nik, she can't-" Rebekah stopped when she saw the wolf pick up the pen with her mouth and tilt her head to place the pen on the paper to write A-L-I-N-A. I looked at the rose and put two and two together.

"Is your name Rosalina?" I asked her and she barked. "Do you have a last name?" I asked and she spelled out S-A-L-V-A-T-O-R-E on the piece of paper. "Well, Rosalina Salvatore it looks like you will be staying with us for a while." I said and then she wrote C-U-R-S-E. I looked at her and then Rebekah and Elijah. "Well, apparently Rose here is cursed to stay in her wolf form. I'm guessing you can turn human on a full moon." Rosalina dropped the pen and looked down.

"You can't." Elijah said and Rosalina picked up the pen again and wrote N-O.

"But you can't see your family." Rebekah said and she pouted. We felt bad for her.

"Do you have any brothers or sisters?" Elijah asked and Rosalina wrote T-W-O.

"Brothers?" Rosalina braked. "Are they werewolfs?" Rebekah asked and she shook her head back and forth. "Half brothers." Rebekah said and she barked. Elijah and Rebekah looked up at me and I walked over to Rosalina.

"Well, little wolf, it looks like you and me have more in common then I thought." I said squatting in front of Rosalina. She lick me face and my siblings laughed at us.

"Welcome to the family." Rebekah said and I just pet her.