12

i can't be who i am if no one understands me
but you, you... you always did
bricks | us the duo

Mitch Grassi's POV [a/n: btw it's march in this book now]

Scott didn't talk to me for the entire day until it hit 7 at night, then he texted me and told me to wear something light but warm, so I settled for a thin maroon long sleeved sweater and dark skinny jeans. Kirstie kept texting me and asked if anything 'new' happened which meant she knew he was going to ask me. I texted her a simple 'yes' and then my phone's notifications were being blown up with 'tell me bitch' and 'WELL?'.

I didn't reply to her and muted her and I's conversation. My doorbell rang and I rushed out of my bedroom after pulling my iPhone off its charger. Stuffing it into my pocket, I opened the door and there was a casual-looking Scott.

"Is there anything else that I need to bring? Or do—" I was gonna ramble on before Scott smiled and shook his head, "No, I got everything. Come on."

I didn't expect a different car. I saw one yesterday and it certainly wasn't this truck.

It was a pickup truck with the bag closed off with a giant blanket of some sort, covering whatever was back there. I raised an eyebrow, then looked over to Scott, "Well, wanna tell me if there's some dead bodies back there or something?"

"Fortunately, there isn't," he laughed, opening the truck door. "There's the surprise in there, so don't look in there. Get in."

"Fine, fine," I obliged, hopping into the passenger seat. Once he started the car up and began backing away, I looked out the window. The sun was slowly setting, and it was still light out but in an hour I knew it would be darker.

"Did you get your phone?" Scott asked. I nodded and hummed.

It didn't take us long to get to wherever Scott wanted us to go. He got out and I jumped out, then I followed him to the back of the truck. He removed the blanket, revealing a light basket and a large dark blue blanket. I tilted my head in confusion as he grabbed the blanket and basket, but he just chuckled and walked upwards. I followed again, then stopped in my tracks when I saw what it was.

We were at a beautiful beach. It was obviously still slightly cold, but it was warmer than usual today. There was a very light breeze, so the grass moved. There was a big mountain in front of us, but behind the lake. The sky was a light purple-ish blue and had specks of gold in between near the setting sun.

My mouth was agape and Scott was staring at me with an amused grin on his face. His eyes were bright and he smiled in a cute way as he motioned toward the already set blanket on the ground. He still held the basket.

 He still held the basket