[Chapter Eleven]

Chapter Eleven

I barley registered school the next day and a half. The books arrived and they spent lunch eating, and I spent t putting labels on books so I could get them put up. I got disapproving looks but I could care less right now, I was already behind and I hated being behind. i wanted this done so I had more free time.

I stayed after school and pushed Damon into a car with the boys while I finished up the labels and putting it all away. Mason stayed because he wanted to take pictures of me stressed while Alexis went to Hope and then to get Lucy before meeting back here.

I was working like a mad woman. And since we started thinking about New York, Mason’s looked into some photography programs there and has been taking pictures of everything and it’s driving me slightly insane. When Alexis came back with Lucy they made me eat, I did so quickly and went back to work.

I finished late and Wednesday I stayed after to bring the art work over and set up the silent room, the tech guys were here setting up the computers and the extra couch I ordered came and was set up. Because it was a half day I had more time to work, and I looked around and took a deep breath.

Everyone was out doing something and my parents, Damon, Mason, Lucy, Alexis and the principle would be here to see it all finished in about an hour which gave me time to prefect anything.

I went around and all the books looked in place, the couches were right, the lams set on the tables, the study section looked amazing, the offices for the librarians were done, the quiet room had its couches all alone the walls and I found some big pillows that looked like rocks and they were set up in the middle of the room, and being the organization freak I was I had a section of the carpet removed and changed to make an outline for them.

They were soft and could be tossed around so it looked like a big pit of rocks people could go and just lay down to read in. the tables were set up and I was extremely happy with it. My mom’s paintings were amazing, the antique feeling of the main library gave it a, in my opinion, welcoming feeling.

Though now that it was done, I needed to find a new place to go at lunch since this would be open to people now, but I had some time to figure that one out. I laid down on the rocks and waited for everyone to show up.

I woke up when Damon came in and I grumbled but got up.

“Come on, everyone’s here.” He smiled and I looked down from the top at them and they were all looking around with wonder, well Mom, Dad and Mr. Sullivan were, the other’s had already seen things, the paintings were really the only thing that was added.

“Baby, it looks amazing” my Mom wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me to the side while my Dad did the same thing and I was in between them.

“You really outdid yourself; I can’t believe how amazing this looks” Mr. Sullivan said and I beamed

“I had a lot of time when I was stuck here, and with not being able to volunteer at the hospital and not working as much, I had a lot more time to get it done a month early!” I hated that I couldn’t work, but this was done and it was a huge weight being lifted off my shoulders.

“We’ll call an assembly for Monday morning and announce it and then everyone can go in there. I think this library is bigger than the public library” He told me

“Probably. I can’t wait for everyone to see it”

I was now running around like a mad woman yet again. There were a bunch of people to cook for, things to be set up, activities for the children to do, and that was only at Hope. We had already raised money to donate or buy what was needed for the homeless shelters nearby and I had to be there too. I just needed another one of myself.