[Chapter Thirteen]

Chapter Thirteen

Now that the library was officially open, it took a lot off my plate but midterms were still there to haunt me. I was usually confident in my grades and such, but I always freaked out still, what if I totally forgot everything I learned and I go blank and lose my place as valedictorian?

I was even more stressed because they were so important and with the baby it was an added pressure to do well, and then after these I had finals to worry about, and I was more stressed about those than these. I ended up in a small office I had built for myself in the library and wanting to bang my head against the walls.

I had all my books around when Alexis, Damon, Evan, Mason and Rob came in.

“Wow, what exploded in here?” Rob asked and I shot him a glare

“Don’t even start with me right now.” I warned and he went to open his mouth and I looked at him daring him to say something

“Don’t mess with a pregnant girl idiot” Evan said and they all sat down and crowded my space.

“I’m worried I’m going to tank everything. And then I have my finals in like three weeks and I’m worried about those too, I can’t afford to fail a class! I took them online this quarter so that I could do the library, and now I’m pregnant, and next quarter I’m going to have to go into the college and take them, and I just don’t have time for that!” I rambled and they watched me

“What am I going to do? I have to study for high school and two degrees, for goodness sakes how did I think taking six classes was a good idea?”

“Six?” Evan choked on his food “You’re taking 30 credits right now and in high school and doing the library and pregnant and doing whatever else you do?” 

“Yes.” I said as Damon handed me my food, good I was starving!

“Holy shit, how are you doing all that?” he asked and everyone turned their attention to me, well that’s just great.

“I don’t know, I don’t really focus on high school usually because I learned it all already and my college classes are hard but not too bad, I learned a lot already from my parents.”

“How many classes are you taking next quarter?”  He asked and I hated this, I hated them asking so many questions I as feeling awkward again

“Only three. One is online though.” 

“Only three” Alexis rolled her eyes

“And how about this spring?” she asked

“Only two. I was going to take more, but I decided to cut back both quarters.”

“Are you behind on credits?” Damon asked confused 

“No?” I answered slowly. Why would he think I was behind

“Then why take six classes?”

“I wanted to get it all finished. And some of them are things that I already learned from my parents or in here, so I don’t have to really do much in two of them, so why not just add them with the others than take them alone if they aren’t going to take much time”

“How many credits do you have left?”

“After this quarter or before it?” I asked him

“Before since this one isn’t done yet.”

“Twenty Five.” I took a bite and it all went silent.

“You only need five classes to graduate?” he asked slowly and I nodded and took another bite, this pasta was so good.