seven

I smile at Harry as he holds my clutch for me.

"Thank you."

He doesn't say anything but grabs my hand and leads me inside the house. His hand is warm and his fingers are twice the size of mine. The house is warm and it smelled like cinnamon and sugar, which I'm guessing were from the candles.

"Do you want something to drink?" He asks

"No. I think I've had enough glasses of champagne." I had to have at least five glasses...which made me classified as drunk. Or at least my definition of drunk. 

"You're probably right." He chuckles and runs a hand through his hair.

I find my feet aching and I slip off the horrendous heels.

"I don't know what hurts worse, my head or my feet." I complain while grasping onto my feels.

"Do you need some aspirin?" He asks with concern while opening the cabinet and searching for some medicine.

"I'm fine. Would it be alright if I took a shower?" I ask, hoping he will say yes.

"Yeah. I'll show you how to work it. It can be confusing at times." He says and I follow him up the stairs.

He walks into his room, somewhere I haven't been yet. I didn't really have a need.

"There's a shower in here. Feel free to use whatever you want." He turns the faucet on and water starts running out

"Thanks Harry."

I stand there waiting for him to leave...but he doesn't. He just stands the expectantly.

"Harry?" 

"Oh, yeah. S-sorry. Uhm...bye." He shuffles out of the bathroom quickly and I smile to myself.

I strip out of my clothing and slowly walk into the shower...not knowing how hot or cold it was. It was a bit too hot but I didn't care. I let the hot water overtake me and all my worries about Harry washed away. 

What exactly was I worried about?

I was worried that something would happen. I was worried that something would go wrong. I was worried that Harry would snap back to reality and make me leave. I was worried that Harry would start talking about the past. I was worried that I would start freaking out and run away. 

I look around for some shampoo but there isn't any.... Well, let me rephrase that. There was some...but it was Axe for men or something like that. It's not like I had a choice...so I used it. And you know what?

It smelt like Harry. It was amazing and beautiful and perfect and lovely. 

A knock on the door interrupts me from my disturbing thoughts and I almost drop the bar of soap in my hand.

"Taylor? Are you okay? You've been in there for quite a while." Harry states 

"Uhm-Almost done! I'll be out in a second!" My voice is high and it sounds funny

I can hear Harry's low chuckles and the door shuts. I sigh and shut the water off quickly, the cold air hitting me as I step out. I wrap the dark blue towel around me tightly and wring my hair out into the tub. I shiver and almost drop the towel into the tub. That would be bad. 

I look at reflection in the mirror. My eyes are drooping slightly, most likely the effect of the alcohol. My skin is as pale as the snow outside. It makes my eyes look much brighter. Much brighter than the un-lively shade of blue they had previously been. My fingers comb through my hair as I look for my clothes. I bite my lip, contemplating on wether or not to stay in here or ask Harry for them, seeing as I forgot them.