ten

8 Months Later, August 16th 2012

Taylor's P.O.V

"There's just not enough room on the album for this song." I mutter to myself while running over all of the songs in my head 

Max Martin, Liz Rose, Shellback, and Dan Wilson all sat around me in the conference room. The long cherry red table had papers stacked on it, all having something to do with these songs. The songs I was minutes away of finalizing for my new album.  

"What was that, Taylor?" Liz asks while shuffling her papers together

"It's just-this song. It was one of the first songs I had ever written for this album and there's not enough room for it. I don't understand." 

By this point, I'm muttering incoherent words to myself and I'm pulling at my hair. This song had so much meaning to me. It was what influenced this whole album. How could I not put it on the album? 

We sit in silence for minutes before I finally breathe out a long sigh. 

"Okay, so here's what I'm thinking for the first song. State of Grace. It's such a beautiful song and I think the lyrics are a good way to start the whole album." Shellback says, noticing my discomfort

We all nod our heads in agreement and I try to push the song into the back of my mind. I needed to accept the fact that I just wouldn't be able to put it on there. Simple as that. 

We continue to talk about the specific types of songs we wanted to include and I tell them that 'We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together' had to be on the album since it was already made a single. We contiune to talk about important details and events coming up, like the tour and the first signing we were supposed to have. 

I sit through the meeting for another hour, my mind half there. I wasn't really paying attention to any of the minor details. All I really wanted to do was sleep. 

"All right. There will be another meeting on Monday morning, going over the RED tour and the setlist and other things related to it. Taylor, you're having an interview on Thursday with Katie Couric about your album release and releasing the tour dates. Then, on Friday, you're having your album release party. We already have some invites that we have arranged for you, feel free to take it and then email us if you want to make changes/or add ons." 

"Thank you so much everyone! This has been a very long journey and it's finally starting to come together! You guys mean so much to me and I love you so much! You're like family, you know that? We've come so close this past year and it's just the beginning. Thank you!" I say with a grin before standing up and hugging Liz and Scott at the same time. 

I grab my purse from my chair and head towards the door. I sigh in relief as the whole thing starts to sync in. The album is done. I'm starting a world tour in a month. I'm so excited to see how the album does. It makes me forget about all the other things. Harry...the boys. I miss them more than life but I know I need to move on. It was a bad situation and I don't ever want to feel that way again. So...lovesick that my whole life revolves around that one person. I don't ever want to feel so overpowered and weak again. 

There are tons of paparazzi and I reach for my sunglasses in the bottom of my black bag. I've been around paparazzi for more than five years and yet they still catch me by surprise. I smile at the fans to my right and try not to look directly at the paparazzi. Before I know it, I'm hugging fans and signing papers. I'm holding cameras to take 'selfies' and kissing small boys on their cheeks. 

I love that my fans are here everyday when I'm leaving. They're lined up on the sidewalks, making it almost impossible for me to reach my car. But I dont mind, because they're the longest and most loving relationship i've ever had. They're my favourite thing in the whole world, and I don't care if it takes a half an hour to reach my car thats only fifteen feet away.