nine

Taylor's P.O.V

"What am I supposed to do, Lou?" I sob into the phone

"Taylor-"

"I can't believe I actually trusted him!"

"I think-"

"How could I have been so stupid?" 

"Taylor! Calm down. It's alright." 

"No! It is not alright! Everything is so messed up now! I have to come to your house and get my stuff and leave and-"

"You're not leaving. You're going to keep staying here." 

"I can't go back there. How am I supposed to see him and pretend everything is fine?" 

I closed my eyes and tried to breathe. I was in the airport bathroom practically breaking down...over Harry. I thought we were okay now. I thought we were...friends? I tried to stay calm and think of a reasonable explanation for why Harry could say something so cruel...but there wasn't any. 

"Because everything is fine! There has got to be a good reason for what Harry said."

My phone beeped a couple of times. 

"Hold on, Lou. I've got another call. It might be managament or something."

I pulled my phone away from my ear and the screeen read Harryyy. My screen traveled over the answer button but my gut pushed the decline button.

"Who was it?" Lou presses on

"Harry. I declined it though."

"Why?"

"Because, Lou, I really don't want to talk to him."

He scoffed but didn't reply. 

"I have to go, Lou. I'm at the airport. Tell the other boys I said hi."

"Will do. Bye, Taylor."

"Bye.." I trail off before hanging up

I grabbed my purse and pushed my sunglasses over my eyes, hoping not to be noticed. I quickly walked through the airport, pushing past people. My pace quickens when the call that the flight is now boarding. I give the security guard my boarding pass and ticket. He nods and I sit somewhere in the middle of the plane by the window. I turn my phone off and lean my head against the window. 

I don't know what to think. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. I don't want to miss him like this. I don't want to need him this way. But I do. And that's the worst part about it. 

Harry's P.O.V

"What am I supposed to do? Why'd she just leave like that?" I ask Louis over the phone.

"I don't know what to tell you, Harry. It's not my place to say. You have to figure it out on your own."

I groan and pull at my hair. I don't even know what I did to make Taylor leave. We were having fun. We kissed! She was amazing to my family and everyone liked her. I don't know how they couldn't, though. She is beautiful. Her laugh is like bells ringing. Her smile could light up the whole room.

"Alright. Thanks for the help. So glad we're mates." Louis chuckles and I hang up the phone. 

I run my hands through my hair a few times before picking up my phone again. I scroll through my contacts and find her name. My finger trails over the call button for at least a minute before calling. It's automatically sent to voicemail.

"Hi, it's Taylor. Sorry I can't answer the phone. I'm probably writing a song or sleeping. Call me back later, thanks!"

"Hi, uhm, it's Harry. You're probably on your plane or somewhere...I think. I, uh, miss you a lot. Even though you just left. Just...call me later, okay? Bye, love."