eleven

Harry's P.O.V

As I drove down the LA highway with Zayn in the passenger seat, I couldn’t help but notice how shaky I was. This was a night I had been so excited for yet so incredibly frightened of for a month now. The boys had told me that she was having a album release party and that we all were invited. I just wasn't sure if I was. But now I was heading over to Taylor’s home in LA.

I didn’t really know why I was so nervous. I probably wasn't even going to see her, let alone talk to her. She had a busy life, with a busy group of friends. She probably planned the whole party, from the food to the decorations. She didn't need a silly decorator to do all the work, she was a independant person.

I had only been to her house a few times, but I still remembered the way perfectly. The last time I went to Taylor’s LA home was back at the end of last year and it had been a quick visit. But it was probably one of the most important times of our relationship. The last night at Taylor’s home was the night that we had sex. 

“Mate, what’s up? You’ve hardly said a word since we left the awards.” Zayn said, breaking the awkward silence in my rental car.

I sighed and still said nothing as I focused my vision on the busy highway in front of me.

“You’re thinking about Taylor, aren’t you?” Zayn asked, crossing his arms. “Let it go, Harry. It was months ago. Taylor forgave you so why do you still feel so bad?”

I don’t know, maybe because I was a jerk…? I had said terrible and ridiculous things about her, trying to convince Gemma that we were nothing, and I had just let Taylor slip away like she was nothing. But she was far from that. She was everything.  I had just been too late to notice.

“Zayn, I don’t want to talk about it.” I replied. And that was the truth. I didn’t like talking about it. It made me feel as if my stomach was eating me from the inside out.

“Fine. But please don’t let the fact that we’re going to see her tonight ruin ours and her night, okay? I just want to have a good time with her and the mates tonight without you mopeing about her.” Zayn replied, reaching for the volume of the radio.

I nodded my head as he drowned us out in the latest tunes on the radio.

When I stopped the car, I took a deep breath. Just seeing the place made me nervous.

Zayn got out and I quickly followed, trying to hide how I felt.

There were already a large group of cars sitting on the road in front of her house. I could slightly hear the music coming from her stereo. There were a couple people sitting outside, laughing, with red cups in their hands. 

Where was she?

Zayn walked in front of me and when he just opened the front door and quickly went inside, unlike me. I needed a moment. He had no idea what this house meant to me. Our midnight dances in her kitchen. Me chasing her up the stairs as soon as we got home, the night of the award show. Her bedroom, the first one on the right side of the hallway. I could never forget it. 

But before I could have too much of a moment, I heard Zayn speak.

"I've missed you!" He says loudly, trying to talk over the music. 

I slowly walked inside, curious as to who he was talking to, although I already knew.

It was Taylor.

When I saw her standing in Zayn’s arms, I could feel the color in my face rushing away. I rush past them, straight into the kitchen. I needed a drink if I was going to have the balls to talk to her tonight.