Chapter 1. Genesis.

The world of Imilaris was primal and primitive, yet full of wonder. Simplistic and unrestrained, the only rule here was that of the animal kingdom, eat or be eaten. Nobody knew how it was created, it was only inhabited by uncivilized humans and wild animals, governed by nobody and hidden from sight. The humans there were mostly wild, unguided with no God to watch over them and lead them. That lasted for a long time, but that had to change one day.

Humans lived in this world, they bred, they fought, and they died. It was all so simple. That changed however when thirteen gods decided to come and look after the world. They were weak, barely reaching the power required to ascend to immortality, who couldn't gain followers or power because they were getting bullied by other stronger gods. So, the thirteen gods all came together, from various pantheons, all looking for a world to control. They could try to create one from scratch, but even with all of them, they lacked the needed power to create something as great as Imilaris.

So, after decades of searching through the Starways, they finally found a suitable world. Imilaris, it was just perfect for the young gods, having rich environment, varied ecosystems and some basic lifeforms on it already present. Gods didn't hesitate long; they sunk their nails into it and began forging it to their liking.

Mostly, they just created races to worship the gods. There were twin gods, the flower goddess Phlorra and a satyr god Faunas. They had affinity with nature, so they took over the woods and decided to create their races. Satyrs, elves, dryads, treants, many other plant-like races were created and set free.

There were other gods, like Aqarius, who took over the ocean, or Scillia who took over the skies. Each God took humans and changed them to fit their needs.

However, one goddess, goddess of light and faith, Lady Lux, she wanted something special. She decided to create a race in her own image, beautiful and majestic, both in appearance and in spirit. She took two humans and she bled for them, granting them some of her blood. It changed them, but it was not all that simple. Lux created two white rings, halos, and filled them with her power. Those rings then were granted onto the two humans, further changing them into the image of their goddess. The two were than renamed Highborne, as they were reborn up in the skies with the blood of the highest order.

Highborne was the only race created by Lady Lux, but it was the most powerful. They were peaceful but strong. Their magic was beyond of any other race, their forms were mesmerizing and their minds were clear and pure. They lived in the center of the continent, creating a majestic kingdom.

Each member of the race was granted a piece of halo on their birth and the royal family would get a whole halo when they were old enough to receive the full blessing from their goddess. The blessing granted them greater powers and allowed them to perform miracles.

Lux had put every bit of her power into the Highborne, hoping for them to be living forever, preying to her as thanks for their birth and keeping the light lit in the world. She loved them and now she depended on them, she wouldn't get any divine power without them.

Each god could grant a blessing, but only to a member of their race. Blessings weren't required to use magic, but they enhanced the capabilities of a person greatly.

So, some people who were less fortunate and did not receive such blessings, they sought power from beyond. Greed always drove people to do crazy things. So, Gates were built, each one leading somewhere, hoping to reach someplace with power. Some Gates just exploded; others lead into the void... But some reached Infernal planes.

Truly, Infernal Hells were most hated of places.

There were the high Hells, places where deception and lying was perfected like an art, where High Demons all played political games and controlled the minds of weaklings.