Chapter 14. Enter the arena.

The stay within the arena was rather pleasant. Well, for Sel at least. The owner of the arena made him fight in daily battles to pay for his accommodation and food, which he did gladly so he could improve his skills in deadly combat and to thin out his opponents. The poor sods were easily dispatched and taken out of the future fights.

Over the two weeks that the greyskin fought, he managed to gain a fan following. The number of females that attended the fights increased by about fifteen percent as they wanted to take a peak at the 'Elven Executioner' as people called him. Honestly, he would have never begun decapitating his opponents if he knew what that would lead to. No point stopping the fun though.

It was funny how people would throw in food, flowers and even gold to make people fight with vigor. Sel enjoyed catching a slab of meat in mid air and devouring it. What left an even bigger impression on people was when he devoured the heart of an enemy while he was still alive. The trick he used on the slaver woman before helped here, although he concealed the fact that he used magic for that.

Audience loved blood. The bloodier the fight the more ecstatic the people became. Making his opponents bleed like pigs, cutting their limbs and eating their flesh, Sel gave himself a bit of infamy, or fame depending how you look at it. He also got plenty of money to pay for his meals and to get a better sleeping arrangements.

There were some female fighters, but seeing how most of them were demons, he didn't fancy screwing any of them. The excess of tusks, hairs and extra limbs coming out of wrong places made the females slightly less appealing to look at. So, Sel had to restrain his libido, instead waiting to get out of there.

He could have gotten a whore from a whore house, such option was available for a new upcoming champion, but he didn't want to spend money on something he could get for free. Selmiria was around, if he would get desperate, he could simply call her. She was probably proficient enough to sneak in.

Funny thing, a brutish woman tried forcing Sel into submission. He didn't like the way she went about things, so he broke her legs and arms. It was probably the first time somebody denied a woman so forcefully. She was laying in the infirmary, drinking some potions and getting her flesh put together properly.

Men also tried approaching the pretty boy, but they were more wary after he dealt with the brutish woman, so they got out with a few cuts and bruises. Missing fingers didn't count.

Sel didn't use magic, even though it wasn't forbidden. He simply hid the trump card until the proper time, just like the Regios and his sister taught him. He used his twin swords to wound, maim, decapitate and slaughter his opponents. He was allowed to keep them when he was arrested, people who tried taking them were left unable to walk.

The demon territories were mostly lawless, with everybody closing their eyes on what everybody else did. The guards were there to mostly enforce the will of the demon lord, they cared little for the safety of citizens or keeping peace. Bribery was a common way of making them walk away with happy grins and looking the other way.

After the two weeks passed, the event the greyskin was there for finally happened. There were supposed to be about forty nobles fighting in a tournament, with preliminaries, semi-finals and finals being in place, but before that the free for all fight amongst the common folk would happen. It would be a fight of elimination, with some dozens of people released into an arena at first and more added as soon as the number would drop to half a dozen. In theory, six people could make it to face the nobles, but the greyskin did not want to leave anybody standing. He would cut everyone down, until he was the only one left.

There were different people who were considered to be noble demons from all over the the demon territories, as well as some mystery guests from beyond the pillars. They were allowed in as the demon lord wanted to watch them struggle. In case they would win, he could simply kill them or hold them hostage. He had no intention of giving his daughter to some non-demon.