Chapter 3. Short-lived taboo.

For half a year greyskin was in some of the hunting parties. For half a year the den was filled with meat, metals, gold and treasures. Demons didn't really need much of the latter, as they were practically savages so they didn't do trading. But shiny things were pretty and cool to look at.

During this time, a single demon that did blacksmithing and woodcutting trained the greyskin and helped him make his weapons. He used the two claws and the bones of the beast that was slain by the young grey demon previously to make two blades. The claws were big, slightly more than half a meter in length. The hilt made from the bone, reinforced with some metals scavenged from adventurers, so that the blade would no longer cut the greyskin.

Greyskin tried learning from the demon at the forge, the hum of the fire in the forge, the melting metals and cutting and chopping of the wood called out to him. The whole time he was in the workshop calmed and soothed him, his blood quieting down under the fire from beyond the body.

Of course the forge was very primitive, but it was enough to learn basics of forging and carpentry. Greyskin could make some nice simple weapons and tools. He was an excellent student, still young, he absorbed knowledge quickly.

The boy grew up splendidly, becoming a handsome male, with very toned and well defined muscles. He was strong, fast and deadly. It made him an excellent hunter and made others recognize his efforts and his superiority. Few ever challenged him or tried messing with him. Red orc was one of the few who still did.

After all the time spent hunting, greyskin was recognized by the leaders and was made into the same rank as red-skinned orc, becoming master hunter. One particular raid was what led to a promotion. A heavily reinforced caravan was traveling through the woods. Greyskin was with the group that laid an ambush and he was one of the first to charge in. He slashed and bashed, ripped shields apart and broke bones with his swings. His presence brought fear to the people who were about to be killed.

The ambush was really a slaughter. Led by the greyskin, demons killed mercilessly, leaving no survivors other than few women. Those would be used for breeding and as incentive for hunters, who may receive one as their property.

The carriages were broken down and their cargo taken away. It was a very successful operation. Not only there were about two dozen bodies to eat later, there were seven new women, bunch of armors and weapons as well as booze and other things carried by the caravan. This was recognized as a success earned by greyskin, so he would be earning few extra trinkets and a woman to take as his own.

The following night a feast was held. With so much meat and alcohol to spare, why would they hold back? The bonfire raged on, the demonkin screamed and feasted on their spoils, the alcohol pushing them to do dumb things. The celebration for the latest hunt went on until way past midnight.

At that point the leaders and hunters decided to have some fun. They had new blood who all needed to be taught to love their new masters and they had plenty of others who didn't get some loving in a while. Greyskin was also invited, as he was the new master hunter and he would be allowed to fuck the female slaves and to even have one as his own.

When he was lead to the furthest part of the cave, he found a room filled many naked woman, all dirty and filthy, many thin and malnourished. They would try to get away from the demons, lots of them being covered in scars and bruises. They didn't receive any kind of treatment, mostly simply abused and raped. That was the way of the demons.

In there, greyskin felt a familiar presence. The fire that always raged inside him subsided slightly, wavering in the presence of light. He sought out that presence, hoping to find out who it was. He walked past all the women and all the demons into another cave to the side, covered with skins. It was the cave where women claimed by the leader were kept and cared for. These were cleaner and better fed than the ones outside, as the leader liked them nice and beautiful.