Ch. 4

Inej quietly took off the bells tied to her ankles, slipped off her silk-covered headpiece and threw herself into her bed.
As a sigh escaped her lips, exhausted from her tiresome job.
Kaz's raven eyes were still memorizing  every detail of the Suli girl as far as physical appearance.
He glanced at his watch.
11:47
"I believe... I'm late." The boy whispered, more to himself than to the girl laying in her bed. "I must take my leave now," He said casually, though his carefully chosen words said otherwise. He wasn't usually this formal.
The bronze-skinned Suli disregarded him with a hand movement that she seemed too used to doing.
Is that how she discharges her clients? Kaz asked. No wonder even the regulars only come by every so often. And for some reason, he felt happy for that. He didn't like sharing.
The pale boy's face shone emotionless in the moonlight as he walked down the stairs and out the back door, towards his brother
"Sorry that took so long," Kaz half-heartedly apologized, his mind elsewhere.
"I accept your apology," Responded Jordan, adjusting his coat sleeves, a smile on his face.
"Guess who just made a deal?" Rhetorical. Kaz didn't bother to answer. "We don't keep the House of Exotics, even though it would make a great investment, but we get to keep one worker," He explained. "We get 40% of their making. Choose a popular one, Kaz."
Kaz smiled. He was happy to make money, but he didn't want to extort these poor girls. He wanted to save them. And he was going to start with the Suli Girl. She seemed to need it.