Chapter One; A Simple Pet

"Mahiru! Look a kitty!" I shouted out happily like a little kid in a candy shop, animals were always my thing so I wasn't one to just leave them out in the streets, I couldn't stand to watch an animal or human alone.

Mahiru's eyes widened as I assume he was pondering over in his head on how difficult this may possibly be later on, he was always a kind of guy that liked everything to be simple even if it didn't seem to be simple to others. Finally after what felt like an eternity he nodded his head as I immediately grabbed the bundle of fur into my arms and ran home with the brown haired boy following behind.

Oh, I realized I haven't done a proper introduction.

I'm Mitsu Hayashi, fifteen years old, and the boy running after me and who had allowed me to take this cat is my childhood friend and I guess technically if you think about it he's also my brother.

At a young age both my parents had died, they had killed themselves when I was just a kindergartner because they couldn't handle taking care of me. They were new to the parent world and had no one to help them so I guess the easiest option for them was to die and leave me behind all by myself.

For a few months I had no one to take care of me, no one knew I existed except my parents, but I did continue going to school and acting like nothing had happened. Until one day a boy and his uncle noticed me looking through the trash to find something to eat and that's when they found out the truth, that my parents were dead and nobody could take me in, actually nobody knew I existed. So Mahiru's Uncle took me in as his own just like he did for his nephew.

Instantly I grew a bond with the brown haired boy over the hardships of losing a parent, or both parents in my case, so we've grown very close to one another especially after the years went by.

Just like Mahiru in a way I like to keep things simple, actually not really but that's how everyone in my class thinks I am. In actuality I don't like being a bother to others and I hate to see anyone struggle reason why I'll take on more projects than I can handle, just like Mahiru does.

Anyway back to reality~

It seemed to have taken forever but finally the door bursted open to my lovely home that I share with two boys, I was taken back at first realizing that I had a sleeping kitten in my arms and with that loud bang had probably woken it up.

The brown haired boy that was running behind me finally caught up and was completely out of breath unlike me, sure he may be fast but when I'm excited, especially when it comes to animals, nobody can beat my speed.

All I could do was laugh at him as I casually walked into the apartment and placed the little kitty on the couch as I stared at him intensely, he was quite strange looking for a cat and it seems even after all that ruckus he still remained asleep.

Mahiru sat in front of the couch as I took a seat beside him as he placed the collar he had bought for him around his neck, it was a dark red and had a little bell on it making the cat 2x cuter.

I gave out a small smile towards the cat when my eyes widened as Mahiru lifted the cat up and asked if he could name him, I couldn't even give out a yes or no so all I could do was nod my head as he named the black ball of fur Kuro.

My eyes quickly glanced at the tail and just the whole cat in general as my mind searched through every file it had on any cats that would remind me of this one, there's no way I know this one cat, no I must be incorrect, this is just a random cat I picked up named Kuro.