Inventor, Butler, Jack of All Trades

Name: Julius Friday

Age: 20

Gender: Male

Sexuality: Straight

Species: Human

Setting: Steampunk or Victorian/Historical

Looks: Julius is tall, and about average build, solid and fit but still a little lanky. He is definitely handsome, rather than pretty. He has thick, straight auburn hair which is just a little above elbow length. He usually wears it tied back in a low ponytail so it doesn't get in his way while he works. He has warm chocolate brown eyes and a contagious smile.

Personality: jovial, hard-working, ambitious, progressive, charming, cheerful, talented, frank, out-going, inventive, resourceful, conscientious, confident, forward thinking, non-traditionalist, good company, lady's man, hides his true feelings

About: Julius was born in New York City in an alternate (steampunk) Victorian era. Julius' father was a mechanic, and as a child he would help his father and learned everything he could about machines. His dream was to become an inventor. Eventually, he, his father, and his older brother were forced to take factory work in the terrible conditions rampant at the time.  After his brother was killed in an accident with machinery and his father died a few years later, Julius was left to provide for his mother and sister. He worked every job he could, and became good at everything anyone would teach him, though he never let go of his dreams of inventing. However, his mother wanted him in a safe and respectable job, so Julius finally went to England to find work as a manservant. However, in his new job, under that frank and cheerful exterior, Julius Friday has a lot about himself that he's just not telling...

 However, in his new job, under that frank and cheerful exterior, Julius Friday has a lot about himself that he's just not telling

Setting 1.
There is a brisk and confident knock at the door. Outside stands a young man with a cheerful grin on his face. He's wearing a brown suit, which, although perfectly groomed, is clearly a little worn, and about an inch too short for him. There's a plaid scarf around his neck, and a newsboy cap on his head. Behind him is a large and battered old trunk, which seems to be his only luggage. "I'm here to answer your advertisement, about needing a new manservant," the young man said eagerly. He doffed his cap and bowed. "Julius Friday, at your service."

Other setting: up to you.