❀ Eight ❀

❀ Eight ❀

"What do you mean?" Asked Nea.

"There were also a strong power kept secured in this palace. It was somewhere only me and my wife only knew," said Robert. "And if you really want to help Arenden, we will give you powers to make it more easy."

Their eyes were wide that it almost fell out of their eye sockets. "Are you serious? We are going to have powers?" Asked Nea ecstatically. Of course, they were excited. Normal human beings are going to receive their powers.

The King nodded. "If you really wanted to save Arenden."

The girls averted their eyes to one another before they all set their eyes to Caith. They were begging for Caith's answer. Whether she will accept the mission or not. Caith were quiet for a few seconds before she looked up and sighed.

"This is for my family and all my relatives and yours and my friend and everyone in Earth... And also of course, for Arenden too. For the dragons." She chuckled. The others were quiet. They wanted her to say the words. She sighed in annoyed. "Yes. Yes, I will help you find the book," she said and she meant it wholeheartedly.

And then, the four of the cheered as they started to hug each other. "Yay! oh my god, thank you, thank you for volunteering," said Lerana as a happy tear ran down her cheek. She had a smile on her face. And Ella knew she won't be regretting this decision. It's a life and death mission but it's worth the try on saving the world. They may not be the heroes but they might be the only hope to both the world have.

It was scary, she knew. But knowing that Robert and Lerana gave their full trust on them and knowing that both the rulers of Arenden have high hopes for Ella and her friends, she knew she can do it.

Both the King and the Queen lead them towards where the strongest power was kept. Lereena left them all after Lerana told her to because it was very private. Lereena do as she been told without any arguments.

Lerana seemed to be herself again but this time, she was wearing a big smile. She was happy but at the same time she was sad. Happy because there was someone who volunteered to save her world and sad because her world was in danger.

Robert and Lerana stood in front of a wall. A dead end to this corridor. The girls stare at Robert and Lerana's back with confusion like they thought that they both were insane. But then Robert pressed his hand to the wall. Nothing happened at first and then a beep.

Suddenly, by their right side, there was a door opening leading to a secret passageway. Ella didn't even remembered if there were any doors before. For a few seconds, they all just stared at the dark secret passageway. There wasn't even any torch to light up the passageway.

"What did you do?" Asked Nea.

"There was a hand scanning," the Queen said. "Only Robert were allowed to do that. It was best for only one person knows how to get in to this secret place."

"It doesn't look like it was scanning before. He just placed his hand on the wall," said Nea.

"Oh," said Lerana, a little bit clueless. "What is it like in Earth if you do some scanning?"

"There will be some-red-um... Red or green lines when we-umm.. Scanning... Nevermind," said Caith. "So, how about we go?"

Lerana, luckily brushed off the topic and nodded. Even Ella herself breathed out a sigh of relief. Caith didn't really know how to explain things. She ended up saying some nonsense. It happened a lot of times.

Lerana faced her husband and Robert nodded at her. Robert was the first to enter and then Lerana and then the girls. Ella was the last to get in. And after she had gotten in the dark passageway, the door behind her suddenly closed and a light scream came out from someone-that Ella didn't know-and leave all of them in a complete darkness.