❀ Twenty ❀

❀ Twenty ❀

"So, long story short. Our friend, Raylene had turned her back on us," said Frana.

"Like, literally. She turned evil on us. She was dreading to kill us," Nea continued.

"Wait, what?" asked Shade. "That's too short and confusing in one sentence. What do you mean she turned her back on you? And, how...? Why...?"

"We guessed it was the work of the Demons," said Lereena.

"The Demons?"

Lereena nodded. "She ran away and all of the sudden, when we found her, she tried to kill us." It was Frana who said it.

"She almost killed one of our friend," said Nea.

"And," said Shade. "Are you asking me to find this Raylene girl? Didn't you just said you just found her?"

"We did," said Nea.

"Then, if you're expecting me to get your old friend back, then I'm not the guy you should be searching for. I'm just a tracker. And if you can tell, I'm also just a fox. Not a wizard."

"We're here not to ask for you to search for Raylene or change her back," said Lereena. "We're here to ask for you to search for her necklace."

"A necklace?"

"That necklace," said Lereena. "Is a protection of her and she lost it. Without it, she have no protecton. And without protection-"

"The Demons can get into her mind," Shade cuts off. "Or maybe brainwashed her."

"There's no 'maybe'," said Nea. "She really do got brainwash."

He didn't say anything more as he turned around and started walking away.

"Hey!" shouted Nea. "Where do you think you're going?"

"You came here, so you need my help to search for your friend's necklace," he said. "Won't we begin now?"

"And, where do you think you're going?" asked Nea as she watched him walking towards the house.

He didn't turn around when he said, "where do you think I'm going?"

"He got an attitude," mumbled Nea in frustration.

"And you don't?" asked Frana sarcastically. Nea gave a glare towards Frana's direction. She looked back towards Shade who was casually walking away towards the house.

"You seriously not going in there," said Nea. "Are you?"

"It's my house," he said. "All of my tracking gadgets were in there."

"Your house?" Exclaimed Nea. "We, too, are going in there?"

"The house is not what it seemed from the outside," he said. He had reached the doors and Frana expected him to open the door and enter like a normal person does but she had forgotten that he was not normal. He hadn't even reached the door when he disappeared suddenly.

"What is that supposed to mean?" asked Nea.

Lereena, unlike Nea, started to move from her position and was walking towards the door of the house without complaint.

"Let's just go. Shall we?" said Lereena.

"Wait, what?" said Nea. Frana with a sigh, followed behind Lereena. "Are we seriously going there?"

Eventually, Nea had stopped complaining and started walking behind Frana. But Frana could still hear the sound of Nea mumbling things under her breath.