Chapter 6. School was no longer a burden

Once, I accidentally hit the door of our class on our Hindi teacher's head.

It was our library period and we were going back to our classes.

Sameer and Sneha accompanied me to my sister's class, I had to return her her pencil.

So it was us three in the last. When we reached our floor, I saw the door being shut.

"I'm Damn sure, it's Krishna and Lovely, and they want us to be scolded as we are without the out pass."

I ran and opened the door with great force

"Meegaann! Nooo!" Sneha screamed.

As I opened the door, I saw our Hindi teacher standing there, with her hair opened as the door had broken her hair clip

The whole class burst into laughter.

"Sileeencee! Sameer, Megan and Sneha. Won't you meet me in the office. Let your parents also know how much you respect your teachers."

Obviously, we got some scolding but I will not ever forget that incident or shall I say 'accident'.

Next day, in the break I offered him a sandwich that I had made for him.

"I made this for you" I opened the lunchbox.

"Really?" Sneha asked.

"Not for you, for Sameer."

"Okay. But I'll also taste" Sneha said.

"Sure." I replied.

Sameer ate first.

"How is it?" I asked

"Brilliant." He replied.

He ate half of it and the other half was with Sneha. When she ate, she asked a few questions.

"Ahem! Megan. What are the ingredients?" she asked.

"Oh, umm, nothing much, tomatoes, garlic, mayonnaise, mustard sauce, ladyfinger, cheese, marshmallows and yes capsicums." I smiled and replied.

"Oh, garlic also. But why garlic?" She asked.

"To give it some smoked flavour, you see."

"Oh, like that, huh? Brilliant! I think Sameer should only eat it. You make and bring it everyday for him."

"Ah, no no no, no need baby, your sleep is more important. Don't just get up early for this, okay?"

After a few days, I got to know that that 'Sandwich Experiment' was a big failure.

I bet he'll never forget that and that uncooked cheese.

He was shorter than me and obviously people never minded their own business so they mocked at it.

"But how did you never notice that he was shorter than you?" people mocked.

"I was busy noticing other things." I blushed.

He used to call me, 'Stuart Little'. He said that I was as mischievous as that little creature.

Next day I met Dev, a friend of Sameer's.

I was standing a few metres away from Sameer when Dev came to him.

"Hey dude!" Dev said.

"Hey Bro!" Sameer replied.

"And so, how's life?"

"She is right there." He pointed towards me.

I just laughed.

Everything I used to like about him, except one, he was a rash driver.

The way he used ride bikes was really dangerous. I stopped and warned him a many times but he used to never give it much importance.

He used to say that I was as nutty as a fruitpie.

"You guys are so very lucky", everyone used to say this, but who knew that 'Our Lucky Time' was about to end a few months.

It was 21st of December when our school organized a Christmas fest for the students.

We were one of the most mischievous students of the school and so we decided to do something so very irrelevant and stupid.

It is well said that the birds of same feathers fly together and so we roamed together. After taking burgers, coke and muffins, like the other students we didn't eat on the staircase.

I don't know why I accompanied Sameer to the boys' washroom. The whole school was busy in the ground and so no one noticed. Maybe we were way toi wild and were ready to do anything for fun then.

I still remember how we ate those burgers sitting on the window sill of the washroom.

On 30th December it was my fifteenth birthday when he gifted me a teddy bear whom I named 'Chiku'. I still have it and I can never imagine to live without it.