Chapter 25. The Wedding

After a few years, I received an invitation of Krishna's elder brother's wedding.

It's been years, since all of us met. I only had contact with Anushka and Prateek, rest were just contacts on my mobile phone.

Even Anushka was invited. I don't know why but something about this wedding felt so very right.

The wedding was in Jaipur, Rajasthan. When I reached there, the first person I saw was Joyal, she was not changed at all. Her bunny teeth, long hair, narrow waist, all of these were still the same.

We were like, "Aaaaa! Oh My God! Look at you!"

We hugged each other tightly when Amaya came from inside. She looked pretty too.

"Hey People!" Amaya exclaimed.

And then Anushka, Shivanki and Sahil came.

In a few minutes we all were standing there, it felt complete.

The place was really good. With elephants on both sides, to welcome the guest, a red carpet in front of a white and golden farm house. At one side it had a fountain too.

And then Krishna came, if someone had changed the most then it was him. With a perfect built, he was wearing a shirt and a jeans.

"Thanks for coming!"

"Thanks for calling!" Joyal laughed and replied.

"So you liked the place?" Krishna asked.

"Yea! It's beautiful" I said.

"See the fountain" Anushka pointed towards the fountain.

"Hey! Come let's take a picture together!" Amaya said.

"You'll never change. You selfie-addicted!" Sahil said.

"Hey! you gained some weight, finally!" Anushka said to Sahil.

"Whatever!" He replied.

We all laughed.

Old jokes, old pranks and old friends. But one thing was still missing, one person was still missing and that was him.

When I asked Krishna that if he had invited Sameer, he replied in affirmative.

"But I didn't get any reply" Said Krishna.

"Oh" I replied.

I don't know why but even after so many years, I was greatly affected after knowing the fact that he won't  be coming.

In the night we all got ready for the cocktail party.

Girls in pretty dresses and boys were in shirt and jeans.

We danced, got drunk, joked, pranked, laughed and had so much fun.

There was one guy in there, who was looking at me and even I looked at him.

"Who's he?" Anushka asked.

"He, who?" I asked.

"The one you're smiling to" She replied.

"I don't know"

He was a tall, decent guy.

Other day, he himself came to talk to me.

"Aditya."

"Megan."

"Anushka."

Not much about but we talked about families, their backgrounds, occupations and some common topics.

He was a doctor too. He was krishna's best friend's brother.

"I guess he is interested in you" Anushka said.

"Whatever" I laughed.

"No, seriously"

"I don't know why but I can relate every guy with Sameer"

"I know right"

"But yea, he is handsome" I winked.

"Oh yea!" She laughed.

And we went to sleep.