Chapter 17. 19 January

"You have no idea how much I love you, Megan. I wish I could just hold you tight but I really don't have any choice. And don't you cry baby, because every tear that falls from your eyes is more than a diamond for me. Happy Thirteen Months" he texted me on 8.01.2016.

"Aww, that is so sweet. Don't worry as long as you are with me, I need not to cry. Just hold on the way you were doing and we will make it out of this mess. I love you too. Happy Thirteen Months" I replied.

But who knows when life can break 'the perfect time' down.

I noticed him changing a bit in those six - seven days. Till then talking to him was once in a blue moon.

On 16th January, I lost my locket. I did look for it for hours, but was not able to find it. I lost it in my shooting academy.

17th January was his birthday. Our whole class prepared a video wishing him good luck and a very happy birthday.

I called him at 12 o'clock to wish him. I thought we'd talk for hours, after a long time but to my surprise we only
talked for a few minutes.

"Happy Birthday to you. May God bless you!"
"Thank you, Megan"
"Anytime!"
"Hey listen, I'll talk to you tomorrow, someone is calling me. Okay? Bye, good nite"

"Okay, By-" and he cut the phone.

I felt so very bad. Yes I did cry and wondered who was it.

Later I got to know it was Ritika, his old friend.

And we didn't talk on 18th. And on 19th it was not a healthy conversation.

"Megan, If someone else tells you things about me, will that be better or if I speak to you directly, that'll be better?" He asked.

"Of course, if you'll tell me directly"

"Okay, Megan now listen to me carefully, I have reasons for doing this. Number one, I'll never come back, I just can't, how long will you wait? And day by day your attachment and love for me is increasing, in future it would be more difficult for us to let it all go. So why not today? Why not live our own lives?" He said.

"What? Sameer? I'm ready to wait for years but not ready to live without you. I really can't. I ju-us-t ca-n't" I burst into tears.

"You can I know. Now just promise me that you'll not blame or hurt yourself. If you'll break any promise, I'll die"

"No! No! Please, just no. Sameer just stay. I am nothing without you"

"You are, Megan. Not at least for me but for your family, be happy"

Okay, great! Then tell me what was the point of loving each other so badly, waiting for each other? If you'll leave now, all those efforts will be wasted. I am not leaving you, no I can't"

"Okay! So you want to hear the truth, then listen, I don't love you anymore. I'm sorry"

"Oh really?"

"Megan, please"

And he cut the phone.

************************************
Author's Note-

"Sometimes the things that seem to last for ever, are lost within a second!"

Poor Megan, little did she know about this! :')

Till the next time....

Bubieee! :)