Chapter 4. His first day

But yeah, it all got better, in fact the best when I met him.

I was sitting in the class, on the last bench. Everyone was busy and were minding their own business.

"I don't know what are you talking about? Huh? What he thinks of himself!" I was talking to myself.

I was crying on the last bench when a guy entered our class. Professor D'cruz, our english teacher introduced him and made my seat partner.

He was a medium-height guy, with the truest smile ever. He had a cut on his left eyebrow and had hazel eyes.

I was minding my own business till he cleared his throat and offered me a handkerchief but said nothing.

I realised that my eyes were still wet and wiped them with my bare hand.

I started reading the book when all of the sudden he giggled and said, "I was wondering if you are not able to feel your nose, and I offered you hankie for...ahem... that."

I stared at him with a frown and got up and left the class.

It was in the lunch break when I sitting alone on the staircase when I heard a similar voice, I knew who was that.

"What do you want now?" I shouted.

"Some company, perhaps, you're alone, I'm alone; so why not be friends."

"So you are.Sameer. hm?" I asked

"yeah! How do you know?"

"I guess I do have ears. Ms. D'cruz introduced you, didn't she?"

"Yea, she did."

I smiled but said nothing.

"Well, people call me 'Sam' or 'Chiku' or 'Sammy' " he completed his sentence with a laugh and then looked at me and asked " No 'Chiku' or 'Sam'..eh? Okay fine, Sameer's cool..hm?"

"Yea. It is." I said.

"Well! You are?"

"Megan. Megan Malhotra."

Not even a single word was exchanged after that, all that was exchanged were smiles.

Next morning there was no sign of him and I didn't know why my eyes were looking for him.

The classroom was full of students and the atmosphere was filled with laughs, gossips and high - fives.

Suddenly a shoulder hit me, who else it could have been, it was him, "Looking for me? Hm?" He asked.

I said nothing but just smiled.

And since then hanging out with Sameer became a routine. He made me smile, he made me laugh. It felt like everything I did was just right.

I could show my stupid side to him without even thinking, and ask all those stupid questions.

The way he used to tease me, the way we chatted, the way he used to run his hands through his hair, the way he used to care and the way he smiled was flawless.

Sameer was a simple yet a charming personality, who used to help everyone.

And he changed the atmosphere of the class.

That look that he used to give, with one eyebrow raised and the other one at rest and shrinked lips and saying,
'You're just insane, Megan.' was just so very cute and amazing.